“Good Soup and Sandwich”

Panera Bread
Ranked #38 of 97 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Description: From focusing on quality, clean ingredients to serving our food to you in a warm and welcoming environment, Panera Bread is committed to being an ally to our guests. That means crafting a menu of soups, salads and sandwiches that we are proud to feed our families. You don't have to compromise to eat well. Whether you want to come in and enjoy a coffee and our complimentary Wi-Fi , or order online using Rapid Pick-Up so you can grab something quickly, Panera Bread Glastonbury is here with warmth and welcome. Panera Bread. Food as it should be.
Reviewed August 24, 2015

The parking is ample, the size is great and the food is delicious. I have been there for quick meals and for long visits with friends.

Reviewed August 1, 2015

We have purchased food from this location on many occasions. I'm not sure why we go back because on at least 3 or 4 occasions they have gotten our take out order wrong. The food is always good but I would like to eat what I ordered. Either something was omitted from one of the selections or a completely different sandwich than what we ordered was found.

Reviewed April 17, 2015

We did not buy anything, but this review is based on our scrutiny of menu. We were looking for some veg. options. We found that there were very little choice, and that too was more or less full of cheese. We ended up not buying and walked out with little disappointment.

Reviewed April 1, 2015

I love Panera, but they seem to be going downhill. First, the service is slow. This afternoon, there was only one person taking orders, and a line Does anyone ever think to ask for help when the line gets long, and the customers are waiting? Second, they routinely get the orders wrong. You need to make sure you repeat the order, or you have them repeat it....and even then, check your receipt. I have found that when you order an apple with your meal, they usually give you something else. Then, if you order a latte or a smoothy, there needs to be someone there doing those drinks...or they don't get done, particularly when the person taking the orders is dealing with a line and can't leave it to do the drink. Sometimes I just skip the drink because it is not worth the hassle. I order a simple grilled cheese sandwich--you cannot believe how many times this has been messed up. Most of the time, it comes out underdone. If you ask to have it cooked longer, they burn it--sometimes intentionally because you have dared to bother them to cook it more. However, today was a new low! The cook put the sandwich on top of the receipt. Bec the sandwich was warm (not hot), it smeared the ink on the receipt all over the sandwich! Yummy...right? I just skipped that half of the sandwich for obvious reasons. Finally, I have to say they do little to make this place comfortable or clean. The tables seem barely washed and they are crowded close together so that seating is cramped. This place is a gold mine--it is always crowded. You think they could do more to offer better comfort and cleanliness.

Reviewed November 7, 2014

We like to stop here while traveling. You know what to expect. Always consistent. I can find something healthy and my kids love the bread bowls.