“Lovely space and excellent food”
Review of L'escale

L'escale
Reserve with OpenTable
L'escale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 172 Restaurants in Greenwich
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Steamboat & Arch
Reviewed August 28, 2018

The food was excellent and the setting is beautiful - the yachts in the harbor made it picture perfect. The staff was both good and bad. Some Staff was hit or miss - compliments to young Jordan, who was attentively working hard all more attentive than others, and those who were did so happily and made you feel welcomed.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

5*s for ambiance and views. I eat here a couple of times a month with friends at the outside bar and the food was not that good each time. Maybe the dinner menu from the inside dining room is better but I’m not sure. The calamari was over cooked and tough, sliders kind of tasted and smelled like dog food and the chicken skewers are ok but not very flavorful you definitely need the dipping sauce that comes with it. Our bill is always inaccurate and it’s tough to find a server when you need one. Parking is valet primarily and there is street parking and a lot very close by -just a couple of minutes walk and it’s safe and we’ll lit. Good for sitting outside for a drink and conversation so that makes it worth it. Just eat beforehand :)

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Delicious continental fare for breakfast and a la carte hot breakfast if you so choose. Coffee was strong and delicious!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

L'escale food is amazing and wait staff was on point. Made the evening perfect. Looking forward to coming back soon. Thank you!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a late dinner since had no idea what else was around and how to get there. I was staying at the Delamar next door. I nearly got up to leave twice because of a complete lack of service. In hindsight, I should have left.

The Georgette salad was simply not well balanced. Way too much kale which dominated the texture. Also, so dark in there that you can barely see what you're eating.

My entree was the gnocchi. I enjoyed this dish. The gnocchi were very light and very tender. The veggies were also nicely sized and tasty.

Ultimately, however, I thought the meal was overpriced. I guess that should have been expected. I might have had a slight less negative view of I didn't feel that no one cared that I was there to eat though.