All reviews front desk room was clean fresh fruit mohegan sun complimentary breakfast morning breakfast the staff was friendly and helpful nice stay waffles business trip easy access business center indoor pool short drive great place to stay mystic seaport coast guard academy
Reviewed July 7, 2017

My family and I really enjoyed our most recent trip to the Hampton Inn in Groton Connecticut they had morning breakfast available every day we enjoyed an indoor pool and a fitness room and also a mini fridge and microwave in our actual room the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable job well done

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Neverwillreturn0806
MichaelOFOM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn - Groton, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Neverwillreturn0806,
Thank you so much for the compliment. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay in our new rooms! We hope that we see you again very soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

Hotel met expectations for a Hampton Inn. Undergoing construction during stay, so not as appealing of an appearance as it will have after construction. Easy to get in and out of! Room well taken care of. Breakfast as expected. Liked having some food and cookies in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MichaelOFOM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn - Groton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Dear John B,
I am sorry that construction did not make your stay up to expectations! I would love to offer you another nights stay or points if you are a honors member. Please contact me VIA phone so I can make this right!

Regards-
FOM Hampton by Hilton Mystic/ Groton
1-860-405-1685

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Our original room smelled like cigarette smoke and the floor was sticky from poor execution from cleaning staff. The staff gave us an upgrade to a suite and that salvaged our experience. No odor in this room but for a refreshed room it still looks uncompleted. There is a cabinet in the kitchen area but the fridge is sitting in the middle of the floor with no home, it look odd and the tub has leftover caulk all over it. The tub needs to be resurfaced and the drain replaced.

The cleaning staff needs thorough training due to I can see mop trails on the new tile floor.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TheAppalachainRogue

Dear Theappalachianrogue,
I am very sorry about the stay! I am very surprised to hear about the smoke smell, as all rooms have been renovated and everything in the room is completely new. I will look into this! I' am sorry about the other aforementioned problems. I would love for you to call us here at the hotel so I can make this right!

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Hotel phone in room rang at 3 am, waking us up. I couldn't get back to sleep, had a big day ahead..staff couldn't seem to care when I complained. Don't know if I will stay again even though it was very clean.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rhonda E
MichaelOFOM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn - Groton, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear Rhonda E:
I do apologize for the ringing of the phones. We had a very busy weekend, and we are pretty sure the ringing was from someone in the hotel looking for another guest. I am sorry the night auditor seemed to come off as non caring , but I assure you he reported the incident to me right away in the morning! I would like to extend an offer of points for your inconvenience. Please call or email me back and I can take care of that!

I apologize again,

Front Office manager
Hampton Inn Groton/Mystic

Reviewed June 27, 2017

The last time that we visited this I had not planned to return. We took a chance and are glad that we did. It has been given a facelift on the inside and they are working on the outside improvement now. The rooms are very well appointed and new. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were cleaned every day. On one day they forgot our hand towels but responded promptly once called about the oversight. Overall a very reasonable cost and a very nice stay.

Room Tip: West side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ward D

Dear Ward D,
I am so happy to hear that you came back and enjoyed your stay! We are so happy to hear that our new renovations and service improvements have made your stay exceptional!
We hope to see you again in the near future!