See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

The staff was very friendly. The location, on the river was very enjoyable. My room? Me oh my! I am sure some rooms are very nice. My room? Oh me oh my! The saving grace was "Paul's Pasta" two doors up the hill. Food was awesome. Hope the owners know they have a gold mine.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2017

I'm writing this review on behalf of my father. He stayed here for a month as he was working out of state and the accommodations were quite nice for the price. The room was kept clean and the property manager Wayne could not have been more accommodating. Need something? Wayne will be right there!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

I reviewed the Thames last summer and have been back about 4 times. Always a nice quiet stay, close to everything I need. Some small issues that I brought to Wayne's attention were taken care of and made for an even better stay this time. ( quiet fridge).The Thames is a reasonably priced place, especially for families and people traveling with pets. As I may have written before, if you are a person that needs pampering and 24 hour attention this is not the place for you. Makes it easy to visit our college kids and bring our dogs.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2016

The Thames inn is a great place! full kitchen, microwave, full size refrigerator!
Our plan was to go deep sea fishing on the "Hel-Cat" party fishing boat which is right next door to the thames inn but due to the threat of hurricane Hermine the boat did not go out. we decided to fish right on the dock & in back of the hotel. we caught porgies, stripers, blackfish, one seabass & crabs! right next door is this great pasta place, (big lines waiting to get in.. this was a great time I cant wait to book another trip. this time I we are going to cook some of the fish right in the hotel! what could be better than that? fish you caught right on the dock.. So much to do in the area.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Quiet, affordable, and near area attractions. Refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, and furnishings make this feel like a getaway condo. The staff bent over backwards for us. You can fish off the pier or just sit outside and enjoy being so close to the water. Beautiful beach and free state parks nearby. Fishing charter boat, ferry to Martha's Vineyard right there. About 20 minutes from the CT casinos. And, don't miss Paul's Pasta for lunch or dinner down the street. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The second floor had nice views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple