“Very impressed”

Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2018

Food was five stars, I had gnocchi and my husband had steak. Service was Ok, we waited a little too long before someone came over to us.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick dinner on our way up to URI. Convenient location right off the highway. Interior is very warm and modern. The food was outstanding! A little slow on getting it out to the table but well worth it. The steak bruschetta was VERY tasty as was the coconut shrimp. For the main course we had lobster rolls and Ahi tuna-both were outstanding. Only negative was our waitress did not ask if we wanted a drink so we did not order one. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank TonyLovesToDineOut
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2018

We are glad you stopped in to dine with us and so happy to hear you enjoyed the food. Our apologies you were not offered a beverage. Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review, we do appreciate it. Come visit again if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Olio’s was recommended to us by the front desk of the hotel we were staying in over the thanksgiving weekend. Since it was during the holidays, the restaurant was decorated with lights and a tree on the outside. The atmosphere was cozy and friendly. I had an amazing special dish of ravioli with fig.
Definitely consider stopping in if your in the area.

Date of visit: December 2017
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Thanks for coming in to dine with us during your visit to the area. We appreciate the recommendation from the hotel employee as well. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our decor and your meal. We try hard to make the guest experience a pleasant one. Please visit us again if you return! And thanks so much for the review!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Second time I have been at Olio. The food is outstanding, but tonight the service was disappointing. My husband finished his meal before me and our server cleared the entire table while I was still eating. Then the check was put down and I still had not finished my meal. I understand they were busy, but it was extremely rude. Not sure we will be returning or recommending to friends.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank thehockeymumoslo
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your food, however I am very sorry to hear about your server presenting a check to you while you were still dining. This is not our usual protocol whatsoever, busy or not. I would like to rectify this incident, if you would please call me at the Restaurant, I would appreciate it. We never want someone to feel their business is not appreciated, as that is not the case.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

The food is very good, but the restaurant can get loud and hard to chat with your date. The service is always too notch.

Date of visit: April 2017
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Thanks so much for coming in and for posting a review. So glad you enjoyed your visit !