“Consistently Good”

Ranked #7 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Olio is my go to place for business luncheons, they are consistent with both service and food, I've never been disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2018
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to post this positive review. We are glad you have enjoyed dining with us in the past and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food , fabulous drinks and great service...we've visited many times and we've always had a lovely experience !

Date of visit: October 2018
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive review. We appreciate your patronage and taking the time to post this. Thanks again!!

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this place. Very soothing environment inside with candle light. Food was amazing but very salty. Even we like salt, but there was too much of it. It’s located in not a very attractive location. Would have like to see it on the waterfront.

Date of visit: August 2018
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you for coming in. I apologize that you found the food to be salty. I will review this with our chef. We wish we were on the water as well, but we have made the best of our location and made it quaint and inviting as you described! Hopefully you will try us again, we appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

There should be a rating between three and four circles. I chose this restaurant for a luncheon get together with friends, based on the extensive and somewhat creative menu. But, perhaps the menu is too extensive. After we spent quite a period of time weighing our choices, we all chose four different dishes, and the consensus was they were good not great. Presentation is important, but taste is even more critical. For example, my gnocchi with shrimp and asparagus in a creamy saffron sauce was mushy, and the shrimp seemed just a little less than prime, even though we saw the City Fish Truck sitting in the lot, usually a good sign. The reaction from my wife and guests was equally polite and indifferent; also, we were all less than impressed with the desserts, even if "home made"..

The restaurant was packed and our waitress was pleasant. Service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry. The decor, fairly non-existent and neutral beige. I wished I could say the food was a home run; but it was more like a single. You only make a first impression once. We might try them again, but there are other places nearby where we feel we are on firmer ground.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank ulysses4
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

We are sorry you weren’t impressed with our food or dessert. We make every item from scratch and to order and try so hard to please our guests. Our menu was created to be diverse to allow something for everyone’s taste. Hopefully if you return, you find your selection more amazing as so many other people do. We appreciate everyone’s patronage.

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Since our mother’s passing in 2014 (3 years in a row) my brothers and our families would have dinner together here at Olio every December. We’d make the reservation as early as July for December. In 2017, on the day of our dinner at approx 3pm. with family having traveled from DC and NYC, I got a call from the manager saying she is closing the restaurant early as we (a group of 10) is the only reservation for that night and being it is snowing she didn’t think they’d be busy. I asked what we were supposed to do... a group of 10.... To find another restaurant? She said she’d call one of her “other properties” to see IF she could get us in. Which she did. We got no compensation and or “discount” for the inconvenience. We won’t be back! #PoorManagement.

Date of visit: December 2017
2  Thank infoH7956ZZ
LeysaB, Manager at Olio Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

As Stated on the phone, I was sorry for the inconvenience, however with the weather situation as forecasted we found it risky for employees to drive in. Being that we are located off a highway we find we do little business in snow storms which puts prepping fresh food to waste at the end of the day. By arranging for you to dine at another venue I tried my best under circumstances.