“Worst Stay ever!”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Worst Stay ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Even for an Economy hotel this one was horrid! Cracks on the toliet seat w/brown rust the beds were rocks there was mold on the wall! I requested a cot was told there was a 15 charge a night that they "preferred" paid in cash At this point we had driven all day, kids were exhausted, so we paid 17.50 per night cot took 1 hr 15 min to arrive! After a horrid nights sleep we decided we did not want our kids staying here, so I called hotwire explained everything and they called the desk (I had already complained after I read policy book that cots were 10 night) to try an help, about 10 min later hotwire called me back an said that the woman at the desk was even rude to them! I called an said, very nicely, we've decided not stay and before I could even finish the sentence I was cut off an was told "im not giving you any money back" no apologizes for over billing you nothing just rudeness! After demanding atleast my 17.50 back for the cot overcharge (still owed 7.50 for 1st NIGHT) an checking out (still super rude) we went 10 min down the road the Howard Johnson's in Mystic same price and leaps and bounds better! In this day an age people save for vacations an deserve to be treated better then this!

Room Tip: don't go here!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JLM13
Sal P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Groton, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
I am concerned about the maintenance and staff performance at out hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can
Improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues your have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate
Action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the above
Issues may have caused.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Sal P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed in a king bed suite and were pretty satisfied with the accomodations. TheTVs and
appliances are kind of outdated but at least they all work ! Having 2 seperate TVs was nice
and the entire suite appeared quite clean, just outdated. Our only issue was with the heat.
The weekend we stayed it was very cold - about 10 degrees - and we checked into a very
cold room - the heat was turned off. Also, the heater is located in the bedroom instead of the
main room, so once the heat got going it was too hot in the bedroom. We were up several
times during the night adjusting the heat. All in all, the suite was clean, quiet, inexpensive.
Front desk very friendly and helpful. The breakfast leaves a liitle to be desired but it was
OK. Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Everett
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We took a road trip to CT in September amd Stayed at Econolodge Inn and Suites. Very nice room with Non Smoking, 2 Queens and seperate sitting area with tv, Small ajoining kitchette with frige, micro with bar and stools. Large windows, Quiet. There is no cutlery or dishes or pots, so bring your own if you intend to eat in the room. Close to Fowwoods and Mohegan Sun and Mystique which is full of interesting shops. The whole area is lovely, lots of trees which is pretty in the fall. Had a nice time there.

Room Tip: Take 2nd floor.... there is an elevator.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed in June 2011. I thought I should take the time to post a review here. They gave a suite which was surprisingly large. It was clean, quiet. Breakfast was good. In all I had a great time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
West Hartford, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were delighted upon check in to discover that our room actually consisted of a large sitting area separated by a wall behind which were two queen beds. The suite also had a fridge, microwave, and dining bench -- plus there was a TV in each area! These features were a definite plus! However, while the room was sufficiently clean it did not sparkle. The rug could have used a vacuuming and a huge bug crawled across our TV screen. Moreover,the blankets were pilling as were the bedspreads --ugh. I should also mention that the heater was not functioning properly and only cool air emanated from the vent. The very kind desk clerk did find a space heater for us. (ironically we were staying there because of an extended power failure in our area). The hotel also did not provide conditioner along with the shampoo and there was really no place for the soap in the sink area. A continental breakfast is provided which is convenient. Unfortunately,the offerings are sparse and what is really laughable is that cereal bowls the size of small dessert dishes are all that are on hand for the cornflakes, etc.
This place is fine for a short stay, but the management could make it much more inviting with very little effort I believe.

Room Tip: Ask for a nonsmoking room if that's what you want since you will not be asked your preference
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank We'reReady!!
Niantic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

Besides this place being totally outdated and the nasty smell and the wallpaper peeling. This is the dirtiest most gross place i have ever stayed! Being memorial weekend all the other hotels in the area that were affordable were booked. I didnt read the reviews and just booked because we needed a place to stay. This place was sooo dirty! the bathroom had hair and dirt on the floor and the jacuzzi tub was so gross I didn't even want to use it and worst of all we found a USED CONDOM on the side of the bed! We didn't see it till the next morning because we got there late and just crashed but it was so gross! I complained to the manager and got 10 percent off and a free upgrade next time i stay but I will not stay there ever again even if its the last hotel on earth! Oh and not to mention NO HOT WATER the next morning! Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here, you'd be better of in a box on the side of the street!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hopkinsa37

Travellers are raving about these Groton hotels

Bronx, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

This place is just right if your just going for a long weekend stay. The mini suite is very reasonable and it was clean. The suite is spacious with two full beds, mini kitchen and if you need an adjoining room to both suites they are available as well. In the lobby they offer a bed and breakfast (small bagels, OJ and/ or apple juice and coffee. They do need to upgrade the wood furniture a bit. The tables were scratchie and the microwave is the turn the knob type but it worked very well and the TV is an old model 32 inch. The place furniture is not that modern but it serves its purpose for a long weekend. However, they have lots of pamplets of different restaurants to choose from and they do deliver. The take out japonese restaurant food was excellent and reasonable. There is a Walmart down the road. Not to mention a big shopping mall only 15 minutes away where you can find Macys, JC Penny, Target, Olive Garden and much more just to name a few on exit 82 right off of the I95. The best thing is that your right in the middle of both casinos Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods/MGM Grand. They are both about 15 to 20 minutes away from the hotel. The personnel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions to both casinos and shopping malls. I would definitely go again for a long weekend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple