See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I booked this hotel through hotels dot com for the cheap price for a one night stay. My family and I aren't picky with hotels/motels/inns. We just need a clean place and comfy beds. When we walked in, we were more than happy because of the size of the room. The room and bathroom were clean. There was a mid size refrigerator and a very old microwave. The fridge came in handy since we bought chocolate earlier. Wifi works pretty well. Very close to Mystic Seaport and Aquarium. Great price for the night. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nafiaw
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I booked this room through Hotwire for dirt cheap and I was terrified by the reviews after booking. I didn’t know what to expect. We pulled up to the hotel and it seemed fine. Walked into the decent lobby and was greeted by a nice lady. Came into our room and immediately stripped the bed to search for bugs or stains or scary things. Found only clean sheets.

Yes, it is old. I think there might be some mold in the bathrooms and the walls and floors could use a deep clean. There are things in disrepair. But overall, FOR THE PRICE, amazing. And fairly clean, considering. It’s right by Mystic and about an hour from Newport and Providence. Perfect. And even more awesome there is a microwave and fridge and the room is HUGE. A Wal-Mart is right up the road. We saved at least $100, if not more, by being able to prepare and store food here. People complaining must be a bit out of touch with their expectations.

And also, it sucks reading the number of reviews about the ethnicity of the staff. That shouldn’t matter. It’s just racist and I don’t even think the comments should be allowed. If you write things like that I can’t imagine how you must treat the staff in person. It’s no wonder you don’t perceive them as friendly - you sure aren’t.

So, based on the price and the value I feel like we got, 5 stars! Thanks for the clean sheets!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Bugs found threw-out room. When I asked to switch rooms they refused, wouldn't even let me use a vacuum to clean it up, I was given a broom and shovel... Pictures available upon request. The way I was treated was unbelievable, I wouldn't recommend this business,keep driving,donot stop at gold star inn and suites.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank kdawson7590
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for about eight week and have to say it's the best value I've ever found. Not only did the staff respond immediately when I had one issue with the first room I was booked in but gave me exceptional value and great customer service all around. They are perhaps in transition having one spend in Econo Lodge renovations might be in the future but you cannot get better worth for your money if you're like me looking for a place that is safe and nice at a
bottom line price. A nice quiet setting even though almost near the Moore commercial area of Groton you can hear the birds in the back woods!! I didn't use housekeeping everyday but it was offered up consistently and in a timely fashion should I have wanted anything. Front desk was always staffed to the night and everyone was very friendly and respectful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Jude M
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Can't say anything good, so I won't list all the bad, but stained rugs, holes in bedspreads and blankets, no excuse for the lack of updates, and, when we lost our car keys and spent an hour after asking if any keys had been turned in, we asked again, only to be told, "it's ok, it's ok". When I finally understood, they could not understand my question, I pushed on until finally they got it, and reached for the keys, right there at the front desk. UGH!

Stayed: October 2017