All reviews prime rib mohegan sun off the menu two bedroom apartment full kitchen breakfast coupons home fries breakfast was included bit dated an older hotel the entire staff a nice place to stay room rate king bed french toast convenient location sub base
Reviewed May 10, 2018

We stayed near Groton on our way down the East Coast, and this charming older hotel was a lovely surprise. It is well-kept, clean and nicely appointed. Nice atmosphere, just off I-95, and it has a restaurant on premises. Being an older facility, it had no elevator, which my knees were concerned about, but we had a room on the first floor, which was very nice. Only down-side is the the people in the room above us clomped around early in the evening like the were having a party. It was all quite around bedtime, and we both slept like rocks. Very comfy bed. Breakfast is in the dining room, and they give you a voucher toward to cost. Prices were very reasonable and portions good-sized, so no big deal. Expect to stop there again next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: If you can walk up stairs, consider a second floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Hotel needs a major renovation. Everything is so outdated. The bathrooms are small can barely sit on the toilet because it’s so close to the bathtub. The shower head was way to low, good for kids not adults. The rooms are half updated. New rugs that’s about it. The hallways are half updated and smell like the public bathrooms. The side doors are open to anyone who wants to walk in. The food is decent though the eating area needs to be updated. Basically the whole building needs a major facelift, very outdated!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2018

We originally booked into a different big chain hotel on our trip to Groton CT. But then I searched around and found the Groton Inn and suites, $50 cheaper and it looked good on line. I booked a suite--I think that was the only size left with a King bed. When we arrived I was almost sorry we were staying for just one night. We had an entire living room/kitchen combo and a separate bedroom too. Two TVs so my late night husband could watch while I slept undisturbed. The property was quiet, the rooms were very clean. Some details were a little shabby--like spots in the room where a paint job would have made a big improvement--but despite that we were so satisfied with our stay. AND we got vouchers for complimentary breakfast which we were not expecting. All in all quite a pleasant experience.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

Great quiet place. Lots of space and very friendly staff. We had a small issue but it was addressed right away, and it was in very close proximity to the casinos, will definetly go back on my next trip to CT.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

My wife can be very picky about hotel accommodations and she, as I, was very impressed. Even though the hotel appeared to be aged, it was very neat, the room and infrastructure were extremely well maintained and the staff were very personable. Each of us were were given a free breakfast voucher worth $12.00 which paid for a hefty meal of which we could not eat it all. The menu prices were very reasonable and the food quantity/quality was superb. I would recommend this hotel with 6 stars.