All reviews room was clean mystic seaport walmart blizzard upgrades foxwoods
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

My husband and i drove from Florida to Connecticut to visit family. We ended up booking this hotel in advance thinking from the pictures that it was a nice hotel, that is way way off from the truth. The pictures lie, the only way to describe walking into the hallway to our room and the room itself was almost like a horror film set that smelled. The doors in the hallway were filthy the hallway gave a erie look and smell, as we entered the room there was a random sink outside of the bathroom. Also we came to find the mirror frame in the bathroom was broken and someone attempted to paint it, but painted the mirror itself. As we investigated more we found water damage to the ceiling, furniture very worn, and the biggest thing we found was there was a corner a big corner of wallpaper just hanging. My husband showed me the wall paper and pulled it back slightly to find black stuff underneath. Now at this point I’m saying let’s get the hell out of here, but my husband says let’s give it a chance tonight and see about tomorrow and he says let’s check out the hot tub. So we venture off to the pool and hot tub only to find the lower level that the pool is on smells worse than our level and as we walk into the pool area, the paint on the walls are chipping, the long pool bench was deteriorating, and the floor was a carpet like flooring that smelled of mildew. So my husband and I get into the hot tub and it’s ice cold, no heat and the amount of chlorine they put in it, was causing us to get light headed. At this point we both were done, I contacted the booking website we went through to see about our options and if we could get our money back, the gentleman from the website was very nice and he spoke with the manager. The manager agreed to refund us, but would charge for one night, I just had to go to the office to meet the manager about the refund. So I went down and I began to tell the manager I don’t like to complain, and before I could finish my sentence he interrupted me and began to scold me like a child. I kept my cool because I wanted my refund, but it was very hard to say the least. Do not stay here, it’s not worth anyone’s hard earned money.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kellylynn1842
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

I actually went to stay here with my niece to celebrate her 21st bday & go to foxwoods etc...well trust me we didn't even unpack our bags. I inspected everything from broken lightbulbs, to filth on carpets, the bathroom was gross with dirt embedded in the shower, and to top it off there was a BLOOD stain we could see through a pillow case. The room smelled horrid to! Well, Uh...uh.. I called front desk & also Hotels.com. told them I wanted my money back we were leaving. After that BS, my niece & I ventured off to stay elsewhere.. here's some photos I took. This was 12/28/15. My previous review somehow disappeared.???

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jingles67
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Hotel needs reservations. Room carpet, walls, and bathroom tile floor was filty. Breakfast was very limited. Only cereal, oatmeal, waffle and bread with and option of two fruit. Staff was friendly though.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tsimps538524
Reviewed August 22, 2018

The rooms smell, tv is full of static, the internet is terrible, rooms are rundown, and the hotel is noisy. The only positives we're the water was hot and the air conditioning was cool. Otherwise the experience was among the worst I've ever had.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jacksonryatt
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We had a suite. The inside room door looked like it had been chewed by a large animal. The smoke detector was covered by aluminum foil (suspe t pot smoking was the reason), furnature was tattered and elevators were constantly soiled. Police were at site at least two time during our three day stay. Staff were friendly, but I would never stay there again and would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family