All reviews full kitchen loft room same building loft style city steam brewery front desk sleeping area brew pub desk area within walking distance pull out couch rooms are large great room very nice stay would definitely stay here again xl center would recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Stayed here for a night since i had a morning meeting in Hartford yesterday. Tuesday night I arrive around 7 pm and see they have dinner out for the guests. It was bbq chicken sandwiches, coleslaw, and baked beans. I was starving and just flew in from San Francisco so I made myself a plate.

Hours later, around 11 pm I woke up feeling SUPER nauseous. Something was not right. I puked 3 times. Then I proceeded to call the front desk to see if they could deliver water and pepto bismol to the room, the lady who answered was rude and said "we don't do that". Seriously? I can barely walk without having to puke you can't deliver water bottles and medicine to me?

I then go downstairs to the lobby myself to purchase the pepto bismol and water. Of course, just what i had hoped wouldn't happen did. While the lady was ringing me up, i had to throw up! I ran to the closest trash can to me. I was shaking, in tears. The lady did not say a word to me. I grabbed the items and went back upstairs and continued to feel sick the duration of the night. I even considered going to the ER.

I made my meeting, somehow, after having zero sleep that night. When i checked out i mentioned the food poisoning and they said they would call me to investigate but haven't yet. I am a loyal marriott rewards member and stay at a lot of residence inn's. This has never happened to me! Come to think of it I have not gotten food poisoning outside of traveling to India or Mexico.

Someone from the county's health department needs to check out this hotel and their cleanliness in the kitchen. I hope no one else had to deal with what i dealt with that night. I could not eat anything yesterday as my stomach was still extremely queasy.

Never will I stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sabinabh123
ResidenceInnHartford, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2018

We care deeply for our guest's well-being and take all matters, such as these claims very seriously. It is difficult to properly address your feedback in this forum and we encourage you to once more reach out to our management team directly so we can speak with you. We sincerely regret your experience and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel with big rooms and free breakfast! Multi level rooms with full kitchens! Nicely decorated and in the heart of it all. Would deffinetly cone back again if my travels lead me this way.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
ResidenceInnHartford, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

It is wonderful when we read a review on two of our favorite amenities offered at the hotel, our breakfast and well-appointed suites. We love that we have these amenities to provide for our incredible guests like yourself. The next time you are in the area, we look forward to having you come back and stay with us at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown!

Reviewed January 4, 2018

We had a "loft" room, two levels with a king bed upstairs, full kitchen. So much space! Furniture and amenities good quality, good free breakfast in the morning, free parking, everything as promised. Location is right in the middle of downtown.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnHartford, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Reading that you had everything you needed to make your stay in the area complete has made our day! We are happy you enjoyed our well-appointed suites and central location. Thank you Shana for your review of Residence Inn Hartford Downtown. The next time you are visiting the area, we look forward to welcoming you back and providing you with another pleasurable experience.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We had a wonderful experience at this property. Rooms are clean and large.
Staff is outstanding- front desks folks very helpful- especially Martine.
Marriott Reservations- Angela Pearson in the Solon Ohio center was amazing putting our reservation together. She is soo efficient & made our plans so easy. I will definitely use Marriott again because of them.

Room Tip: King suite was totally amazing
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ResidenceInnHartford, Owner at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

How wonderful to read you not only enjoyed your stay but appreciated the terrific service by some of our team. We will be certain to share your review with both of them and thank you for sharing it. We look forward to welcoming you back to Residence Inn Hartford Downtown the next time your travels should bring you our way.

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

The staff at this place is so amazingly kind and lovely. We chatted casually with the front desk staff, food staff, etc. We were there to do some college visits with our daughter. The staff gave us lots of tips about the 2 colleges we were visiting. Our son got a few treats!
The hotel is maybe a bit older, typical of New England but kept up nicely. I accidentally booked a huge suite which turned out to be ok. Conveniently located (25 minutes to so) to Univ of Hartford and Quinnipiac.
I have 1 critique and 1 suggestion. Pick a room that doesn't face the street- it's a bit noisey. We were on the 5th floor on the hall seen in the pictures. And it would be nice to have fresh fruit on the breakfast menu.
Thank you for a good stay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
ResidenceInnHartford, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Our team truly loves to create a warm and inviting stay for our guests and we are thrilled this was your experience with them! It was our pleasure to provide you with the perfect location while visiting some of our terrific universities. Your feedback about breakfast offerings will be look into by our team. Thank you for review of your time here at Residence Inn Hartford Downtown. It will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.