“My strip to die for”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 441 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Wow - one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. Cooked to perfection - charbroiled on the outside.Mashed potatoes were fantastic as well

There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I was craving a steak and Max was closed for the summer so I decided to try Capital Grille. I have been before but not this location.

I went to the bar at 8pm on a Wednesday and it was half full. I was given a dinner menu but apparently there is a bar menu with lighter items like burgers and lobster roll. Next time I will ask for bar menu.

I had a NY strip steak cooked rare which was very flavorful and tender. I had a side of Brussels sprouts which had bacon and was in a balsamic dressing which was delicious.

Added bonus is the free valet parking.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This place is very good. Was there on business but would love to take my wife sometime soon. Food is great and the atmosphere too. Would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Wow! What a meal. One of the best I've ever had. Steaks were perfect, King Crab was excellent, and the Lobster Mac and Cheese was phenomenal. They had a special where they would pair wines with your orders for $28 per person. This was also wonderful. Our server Martha really knew her wines, make excellent predictions, and left me with an even greater appreciation of how wine and the food interact with each other. It was also very expensive. But as an anniversary special, nothing could have been better. They even brought us desserts on a plate with happy anniversary written in chocolate. Very happy that we dined here.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The restaurant is very nice, a little dark inside but comfortable. Service was excellent. Food was terrific, loved the kona rub on our appetizer and steak. Received a free champagne drink and dessert for our anniversary. I would try this restaurant again with friends..