“Like a hug!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

So we arrived very late to our hotel right beside the restaurant and though hungry didn't want a heavy meal. My colleague and I both had soup. I the new England clam chowder, her the lobster bisque. Both soups were amazing! Definitely homemade n chunky full of goodness. We also had the stuffed mushrooms and the crab Rangoon. Amazing! Best Rangoon EVER!! The meals we saw being served looked so good and we're very large portions. The wait staff was funny and attentive, my cup never ran dry. Would eat here again, in fact I hope to tonight lol

Reviewed March 15, 2017

I was craving a lazy man's lobster. My husband grilled fish. My frame of reference is the FishTale in Westbrook, CT which is casual, but with very fresh seafood. Because Westbrook is quite a drive we decided on the Chowder Pot IV in Hartford based on some reviews. The atmosphere is nothing special and a bit rough around the edges. Wait staff was fine overall. Food seemed like seafood fast food and was virtually tasteless. I guess if you like fried it is probably okay. However, it is quite expensive and needs to provide a high standard to require the price. It is our last visit I am quite sure and will need to steer folks away. It appears that they have quite a following, but not sure why.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

On the eve of a major snowstorm, we stopped here for dinner on our way home. We were happy to learn that that Monday was lobster night. Our meal started with a delicious shrimp cocktail which was perfectly chilled. For our entrees, we had one steamed and one stuffed lobster. Both were prepared to perfection. The sides (cole slaw, carrots and potatoes) were also quite good. Our server was both friendly and attentive. Sometimes the best meals are unplanned.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Clam plate special was delicious--portion size was generous. Salad was fresh. Lobster bisque was creamy & had no lobster pieces in it.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed March 6, 2017

This place has the best sea food I have had in years. The fried clams are light and not greasy and very tastety. Try the Seafood Imperial for a taste treat.Great waiting staff and honey bread.

Date of visit: February 2017