“Average motel at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Hartford

Super 8 Hartford
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Maine
“Average motel at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

We stayed here for a concert. Good size room, staff was helpful, continental breakfast no better or worse than any other hotel at this price. Refrigerator in room. Very close to Comcast Theatre, felt safe walking back to the hotel because everyone else was walking back too. Probably saved us hours of waiting to get out of the Comcast Theatre parking lot. Lots of police around the area directing traffic. No mints on the pillows, but really...!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

I have been in crummy hotels before but this on takes the cake! The only good thing about the hotel it is walking distance to The Meadows and that is why we chose it. That is why I selected location as the best. This hotel is next to the highway, on a service road. I did notice a public park entrance about 500ft away upon leaving. I didn't ask them for any "service" so I cant say.

Our room had strange stains on the walls; something that resembled peanut butter was splattered on the ceiling and the wall next to the desk was beyond a weeks forth of filth. I get the impression they don't paint the walls annually, which I would think would be required. The bed was hard as a rock. The blanket and cloth headboard (perfect spot for lice/bedbugs) had cigarette burns in it. I had to wash everything I brought when I got home. God only knows.

The toilet bowl was oblong in shape, the seat was round. This meant every time you sat down your body would touch the bowl. This isn't sanitary, actually I don't think the bathroom was cleaned prior to our arrival. There was lots of hair on the floor and not just one strand. If I had to guess, someone lives in room #227 and vacates when the rooms sell out.

So the place was dirty, smelled, tiny in size, the furniture old/shot and additionally the owners charged each additional car $30 a night for parking. Oh, and there is a rumor online that there is bed bugs going around this hotel after the concert I went to 6/17-18 2010.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank yenzi203
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

Arrived at hotel to find they could not find my reservation. Looking at front desk staff BEHIND GLASS should have been a clue........but........
I check in to find the dirtiest room I have ever seen. The curtains would not stay on the rod/ the bed linens were filthy and when you took a towel from the rack, it was only white where the rack protected it.
I complained and they showed me another room. NOT ANY BETTER (except for the drapes).
On the positive side: they did not bat an eye when I wanted my $$$ back....gave it to me and also directions to another hotel.
When I reached that 'other (brand) hotel", they smiled and said they knew: they got lots of business from the Super 8 as it was known for the dirt
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank airbroom

Travellers are raving about these Hartford hotels

providence
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

filthy, smelled horrible, drug dealers, had bugs very very dirty. I don't think it had been cleaned in months! There was an adult store next door!
[--]

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank bravescheermom09
Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

We stayed there for a one night stop, while travelling to New Jersey for vacation. The room we had was ok, nothing fancy though. The location was convenient for our purposes: close to the highway, and also close to fast-food restaurants for the breakfast in the morning. Not a place for a romantic night or a medium/long-term stay.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

This place is absolutely nasty!!! First of all, it is located between a strip club and "adult" stores. The people staying there were scary for the most part. Mostly men.... The bathtub would not drain and had mold and mildew. The sheets had cigarette burns. The heater/a.c. unit was too loud to use. I wondered what kind of diseases were in the sheets.... The armed police guard and bullet-proof glass say it all about your safety while there. I could not sleep because I was so disgusted about the bed and who and what had been on it and was still on it!!! Embarassment to Super 8 chain!!! DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER WHAT!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

It's a super eight, so it will never be posh. Nonetheless, room was spacious, clean, and the hotel is located right off I-91 - perfect if you need to spend a night on the road while traveling. Our room was about $40 through hotels.com.

If you're looking for a cheap place to spend a night in the Hartford area, this place does the trick.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
2.6 km away
2.5 km away
Hartford Marriott Downtown
2.0 km away
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

Been to Super 8 Hartford? Share your experiences!