Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 21-05-01
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$161
Agoda.comUS$161
FindHotelUS$161
All reviews new england themed rooms omelette station continental breakfast next morning wonderful stay room was large white memorial stayed one night contessa room room was clean and comfortable ct tavern farms mohawk bantam refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2020 via mobile

Loved my time here! Only got to do 2 days, which was just about enough during COVID with things being much quieter than normal. The hotel was adorable, super friendly staff, and very comfortable! Loved the outdoor areas and common areas they have set up. Microwave & fridge in the room is always a huge plus for me! Will definitely be open to coming here again! the little downtown was very cute and great for boutique shopping!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Syed M, General Manager at The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2020

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate your kind remarks and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed October 18, 2020

It was a wonderful stay. The place was beautiful, the staff were warm and friendly, and everything was kept so clean. It was decorated and there were so many personal touches, like homemade bakery items, gorgeous fall arrangements, and it was a wonderful home-away-from-home at a difficult time. The staff were lovely and you could tell they genuinely enjoyed working there and were true hospitality professionals!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Syed M, General Manager at The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2020

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed October 18, 2020

A couple months ago, my fiancee and I spent a couple days here. We enjoyed our time here well enough, but especially for what we spent, we were definitely expecting a bit more out of our stay.

To start off, we were barely greeted when we first arrived. They barely said two words to us when we were being given our room keys. Then whenever we left or came back, we were totally ignored except for one gentleman who was incredibly friendly and the type of person you would hope would be at the front desk of an Inn. That’s really all we were hoping for, and it’s a shame that he seemed to be the only friendly person there. I’m sorry I don’t know his name, but we appreciated him.

I know the room is never going to look quite like it does online, but we felt like we weren’t quite getting what we were paying for in the bridal suite. The pictures on the site make it feel a bit special, but looking around, it definitely feels less so. The glass on some of the furniture had huge cracks. The trim on the couch was falling off. There was a razor head on the floor in the corner of the bathroom under the sink. The metal part of a plug was stuck in the bathroom outlet (I used a towel to pull it out so someone wouldn’t get hurt). The wires coming down from the TV were a mess and minimal effort was put in to make it look presentable. The bed was too close to the outlet for a common phone charger to be plugged in. It wouldn’t even take much to fix these things. Also, it felt strange that we had a door that we could use to go out onto the roof. It’s not like it was a finished roof or anything, so I’m not really sure the purpose.

On a Thursday evening around 6:30, we called the front desk asking about room service. Instead of just transferring us, we were given the number. We called twice, and no one picked up. We called the front desk again, and they told us someone was there now and to call back (why don’t they just transfer?). So we called, someone picked up, and we ordered calamari. A few minutes later, they call us back and tell us they’re out of calamari, so we order wings instead. A few minutes later, they call us back again and tell us they’re out of wings. At this point, we moved on.

Finally, we went out in the morning to play tennis and had the sign on our door for housekeeping to come in. When we returned, the only thing that was done was our towels were taken, but not replaced. I found someone from housekeeping who was able to help me out. I can’t remember the exact time, but they are supposed to be finished with the rooms by 3PM. They didn’t get to our room until 4:30PM. They did not take the garbage, which was completely full.

All in all, I wouldn’t say that we had a bad experience, but it certainly wasn’t a great one, nor was it worth what we paid for. And honestly, we weren’t even expecting that much out of our experience, but it still fell short of expectations.

Date of stay: August 2020

Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that your trip in August did not live up to your expectations. At the Inn our goal is to always provide each of our guests with a quality stay filled with exceptional customer service. I appreciate the detailed feedback provided by you which will allow us to better serve our guests in the future. Many of the things brought up in your review have been addressed since your visit, as a property we strive to improve with each stay and we will make sure to continue to do that after your feedback as well.

Reviewed October 14, 2020 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here, I have to say I highly recommend. Centrally located to all town attractions. Nightlife is interesting during these strange times, there is plenty of outdoor bars/restaurants yet there are equal amount of scenic areas and cows. The hotel has pillows of all shapes, very fun. So much parking and tons A/C. Continental Breakfast during a pandemic and election year is not something the average Geoff can pull off, yet they put their best foot forward and loafed a banana beard would still knock your socks off in these hard times. The TV was on already when we checked into the room, but who cares!? We aren’t paying the cable bill!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed October 14, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here midweek after seeing a concert at South Farms. The inn is charming, elegant, and beautiful, both inside and out. I was greeted with a bag of delicious cookies at check-in, and there were complimentary cookies, snacks, and hot drinks available in the lobby.

I splurged on one of their “theme” rooms, the Jacuzzi room. Room 221 was spectacular, enormous, beautifully decorated, and had not just a whirlpool tub designed for two, but also a lovely fireplace, and a fantastic bar with barstools built into one wall of the bedroom. There are only a few minor gripes that keep me from giving it five stars.

First, the Jacuzzi tub is state-of-the-art and is controlled by a complicated digital panel. There are no instructions, and the front desk staff couldn’t explain how to operate it either. After much trial and error I figured it out, but there really ought to be written instructions.

Second, the TV in the bedroom is much too small for the scale of the room. It’s quite far from the bed and should be twice the size that it is.

And third, after reading reviews that mentioned the great breakfast, I was disappointed to learn they only serve breakfast on weekends. They said it’s because of Covid, but I don’t understand how they have it on weekends but not during the week. (Maybe it’s a question of volume of guests?) FYI there is a breakfast/lunch place called Patty’s a half mile north of the inn, and a cute bistro called The Barn a few miles south in Morris.

Especially since I now know how to work the Jacuzzi, I will totally come back here for another relaxing getaway!

Trip type: Travelled solo