“Unique Food and Cheese”

Shady Glen Dairy Stores
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Manchester
Reviewed December 12, 2017

I came here with some folks from work for lunch and was amazed at how quick the service was! We were seated immediately and got our orders taken, and then the food very fast. The burgers were cooked perfectly and the cheese was delicious as always. The prices are pretty good and you can get items on their own or part of a platter. The parking was easy and it was easy to see from the street.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

They have 2 locations same design same menu, same good service, same good food. One is standalone, the original since 1948 and now a second one
Worth the visit

Reviewed November 13, 2017

I visit a couple of times a year. Been going there for the last 30 years. This year they are celebrating their 70th year in business. There are lines of people to the door at peak times.

You go here for the experience. The Nostalgia. The burgers are mediocre but you order one for the cheese. The fries are good. Their ice cream is fantastic! I had their seasonal Dutch Apple ice cream in a sundae with hot apple sauce on it. Mmm Mmm! Delicious!

It's not a 5 star restaurant. It's causal food in a casual atmosphere. I don't know why people expect more. Where can you go where it is still 1947?

Reviewed October 30, 2017 via mobile

This is a place you walk into and feel like you’re in an old soda shop you’d go to when visiting your grandparents. Their big item is the way they top their burgers etc with cheese. The cheese overhangs the edge of the burger by a few inches and it gets nice and crisp cooking on the griddle. Utter deliciousness. I thought it was a bit pricey at $11.95 for a cheeseburger platter but your paying for the novelty. It’s worth it too. The slaw that came with it was delicious and I substituted onion rings for my fries and they were good and abundant too. I finished it all off with a pint of ice cream to go. I got 2 different flavors and they were both heavenly. I believe they make all of their own ice cream there. I really enjoyed sitting on one of the many stools at the counter just like in an old diner.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

The "home" restaurant is located just a few miles up the road in Bolton, but either location can't be beat for the BEST cheeseburger like no other....crunchy cheese is such a bite of deliciousness. Pair it with their creamy coleslaw & a homemade ice cream milkshake. They offer daily soup choices...Minnestrone is my favorite, or several options for entrees like hot dogs, chicken & fish. The also offer the best value breakfast in town. A MUST VISIT!!!