Two Trees Inn
US$249
Travelocity
US$153
US$137
Bellissimo Grande Hotel(North Stonington)
US$129
US$113
Orbitz.com
Hilltop Inn & Suites(North Stonington)
US$119
Residence Inn Mystic Groton(Mystic)(Great Value!)
US$179
Residence Inn
Cedar Park Inn And Suites(North Stonington)
US$79
Hotwire.com
US$59
Quality Inn(Mystic)
US$95
US$67
QualityInn
All reviewsthe grillshuttle busrainmaker casinoruns every minutesthird floorindoor poolmain casinoa king size bedcasino hotelcoffee makerroom was clean and comfortableminute drivemidnightfireplacegamblingconnecticutslots
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Very strange experience staying at Two Trees Inn - Foxwoods. Can't say if we would do it again. First - when I made the reservation - I inadvertently didn't notice that this hotel was off property. I was so excited the room was $99 instead of $499 at the casino that I booked it. I take responsibility for that. When I received my confirmation I noticed that it said Smoking or Non-Smoking room requested. Since I am 9 months pregnant - I tried calling to request a non-smoking only room. Couldn't find a phone number ANYWHERE for this place. Ended up calling the main casino number and the first man that answered refused to transfer my call to the hotel. He said that you can't request non-smoking and you take what you get. It was a rather terse call and I ended up hanging up. I called back, spoke to a woman, explained I was 9 months pregnant and she transferred me right away. The woman that answered entered my request into the computer and we had a non-smoking room guaranteed.

My husband and I arrived at the casino at 10am for Bingo and then to play some poker and roulette. I had done my research and saw there were non-smoking areas in the casino so we could play together. When we got there - there were people smoking everywhere - cigarettes and stogies. I ended up playing 3 rounds of roulette and then leaving, afraid to give baby anymore second hand smoke. We went to the hotel at 5pm - right when checkin started. There were about 15 people in front of us waiting to get in. As I was already tired - we decided to head to the pool and wait for the line to die down. No key needed to get into the pool and we stayed about an hour and then headed back to the front desk.

A man checked us in who had an extremely bad cold. After giving my credit card and license he proceeded to hold them both while he wiped snot away with his hand. Made me cringe thinking of the germs. Thankfully he typed in our rez, we still had the non-smoking room and he processed our account. Others around us were in a tizzy because they didn't want the smoking rooms but there were no non-smoking available. The man that checked us kept asking if I wanted to add people to my account. I told him no - at least 3 times. 9 months pregnant - my only plans were having dinner with my hubby and going to bed while he headed back to the casino to play poker that night. Since I would be in the room - no need to slow down the process and add him to the reservation. The check in man then asked how many keys we wanted. Again I requested 1 since I would be in the room all night - I was fine with one for my husband. The check in man lectured us on how irresponsible that was and to take two. By this point I looked at him and said - I will take whatever you recommend. It was tiring having him ask my opinion and then listen to how he didn't agree and what my answer SHOULD have been. In the future it would be nice if he would just say - here are two keys - do you need more? Finally we received our room keys - it pointed down the hall and said your room is a few doors down. Well - after two turns and different hallways we found our room. it was indeed a king size bed but as soon as we opened the door we smelled smoke. Couldn't stay there. We called the front desk - we were transferred to the head manager and finally got a room with 2 double beds and no smoke smell. The room was quite pleasant for the money.

My husband and I ate at the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised at how good the food at Two Trees was. I went to bed and my husband took the shuttle and gambled the night away - forgot to mention it was a birthday trip for him.

Check out was quick and we had no issues the next day.

One thing I would like to mention - when they checked us in - the man said that they put a $100 incidental charge on your credit card and it takes 5-10 business days to return the money. I've travelled the world - Europe, Asia, Canada and US and let me just say this is the FIRST time I've ever had a delay in incidental returns. Be prepared - some people around us were freaking out because they only had enough for the room. Seems rather unfair for this property to tie the money up for that long. I wonder how much they make in interest?

I can't say if we would go back or not. It had definite plus and negatives. Just be prepared for an adventure when you go...nothing goes smoothly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank magpie6
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The Two Trees Inn is located just off the Foxwoods property . Though you can walk,Drive or take the shuttle over to the casino in just minutes. One thing that is nice here is that is is lower key than the big casino hotels and less walking.
The rooms are smaller,yet plain and basic with decor that is a bit dated as the colors are mostly purple and green .
Pool area: Is very nice and large with a rustic feel to it, the bathrooms by the pool need some updating and cleaning.
The grounds and parking lot: There is a beautiful courtyard with a small waterfall . Which is a relaxing spot to take a break from casino, there is also a nice veranda in front of the hotel where you can wait for the shuttle. The parking lot is big but the lighting was not very bright.
The lobby is small and they have some free and weak coffee until 8am.
Overall this is a nice hotel but nothing special. It could use some renovations and refreshing.

Room Tip: Book a junior room suite for more space. top floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I travelled here for a business meeting and looked around all the regular Holiday Inn and Marriott type hotels near Mystic. This hotel was about $40 less than all around, and had the added bonus of being right next to the Foxwoods Casio and Resort. I mean walking distance. The only downside was the breakfast wasn't included, but for about $13 I had a great hot meal everyday that beats any continental breakfast, AND it was still cheaper!

My first impression was that it looked nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The building is rather large and I was given a room all the wayin the back. They have a shuttle running to the casino constantly and it runs all the way around the building so that wasn't a problem, but it's a long hike to the restaurant for breakfast. (good thing I'm a runner ;) I compensated for that by driving and parking in front of the restaurant, which they didn't seem to mind.

There was some downside. The hallways smelled like mildew. Unfortunately this is typical in hotels that sport indoor pools, which the Two Trees has.

The rooms had none of that smell. In fact they were VERY clean and comfortable! The rooms were a little small however. Not a problem for a single traveller, it might be a little cramped for two, but you could live with it. The bed was just right (not too soft or hard...thank you little red riding hood) and had great pillows! It was probably just my room, but there wasn't a channel guide so I had to scroll through the channels, and for some reason, thier tv took a full second or more to change channels. That was tedious. Once I discovered what channel I liked I was good though. Also the internet was difficult to bring up, and once I did, it dropped and I had a bear of a time getting it back again so I just pulled out my verizon wireless card and didn't mess with it anymore.

Keep in mind that this hotel was about $40 cheaper than everywhere else, so these minor inconveniences can be overlooked, especially since the beds were great, and that's what your there for anyway right?! All in all I would recommend this if you're in the area, and I'll stay there again when I come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Seahawksman
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Two Trees Inn at Foxwood is a nice place to stay if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of the larger hotels at Foxwood.The rooms are a little small but clean and comfortable. The restaurant serves good meals for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: The rooms vary according what you like, king size beds,two queen beds. There is not much of a view because of the wooded area.It is convenient for gamblers, a shuttle to the casinos circles every 15 minutes.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This hotel is a good alternative to staying at Foxwoods of MGM. The rooms were clean but nothing special. The service in the restaurant was very slow, but the food was good. Very close to the casinos.

• Stayed: November 2011