All reviews grab and go no frills front desk staff hot water room was clean bee street mini kitchen free wifi esa highway muffins towels nyc
Reviewed January 20, 2016

We normally stay in Glastonbury but the rate was through the roof due to a tournament. We had stay at this Extended Stay years ago and thought that we would try it again. I called and made the reservation over the phone, specifically telling her that we were 2 adults/2children/1diabetic cat. She gave me a rate and then said that if we were members that we would receive 15% back after we checked out. When we checked in the desk clerk quoted a higher rate. When I questioned her she said it was because we had 2 adults, which was $10 more. My confirmation did state 2 adults/2children but she wasn't having anything to do with it. I honestly didn't feel like squabbling over $10 but I'm a principle kind of gal! In any event, to room was fine, as expected. The kitchen was not equipped, you had to choose from a card at check-in. I found that so odd but I do understand that in the long run why put it out if it's not needed. The shower curtain was a single so that water poured down it and got all over the floor....not the best design. As I said, we have a diabetic cat who needs 2 shots a day so our lodging is limited in this area so we really couldn't be too picky. Mo did like the fact that the window opened and he could hang out on the heat/ac and look outside. It's not the best place but not the worst place we've stayed in over the years.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the billing issues you experienced. To uphold our company’s high standards, I will retrain our front desk staff on our check-in and billing procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hme@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel twice in December while visiting our family for the holidays. The general manager was, there on site to serve us at check in and throughout our visit. The front desk staff treated us like were at a $300 a night hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean, quiet and a very great value. I highly recommend you stay here with your family!
Roberta

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank PumpkinFudge
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our exceptional customer service and comfortable accommodations. I’m thrilled that you found our hotel to be a great value! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to your visits in the near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2015 via mobile

When I was making the reservations over the phone the representative couldn't hear me & could barely hear him. The phone was breaking up bad & it wasn't my phone.he spelled my name incorrectly. I had to call the hotel to diz the spelling so I would be able to check in. The room phone did not work so I had to go to the front desk & notify the front desk clerk whom was playing on her phone (visibly) that I could not close my window. The soda machine was not accepting cash. I've had better stays at this hotel. I'm not pleased with the lowsly service

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2015

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your service expectations. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I will be coaching our front desk staff on our reservation and check-in procedures. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at hme@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed July 19, 2015

This hotel can be described as:
Clean
No frills
Blue collar
Friendly responsive staff
Medium low noise levels (awakened by noise one time in four months)
Low to medium comfort beds.
Good value for the price paid
Central location to Hartford and New Haven.

I stayed here while transferring to a new job in the area. I have made heavy use of temporary living accommodations in 22 US states and 5 foreign countries over the course of a 35 year career. That is the reference I use in this review.

The one negative is that the mattresses are not comfortable. I am 250 lb and 6"-2", and the inadequate resilience of the mattresses in the two rooms I occupied left me with sore spots and overall less than great quality of rest. For $50 more per night, I could stay at a place that offers high end mattresses, and I chose to balance comfort with utility. Nevertheless, I would like to see ESA do better on their beds.

I am away all day working and spend only one or two weekends per month here. I joined a nearby health club ($10.00/ month Planet Fitness, very good), I have no need for amenities beyond the kitchenette, laundry, WIFI, and a clean quiet room.

Many of the other guests are blue collar working men. My dealings with these men are respectful and reserved. I think that single women or women with children may be uncomfortable in this environment. This opinion was expressed to me by a woman friend who travels for business. She left another ESA location near Philadelphia after two nights and moved to a Residence Inn. I see her concern.

My 13 year old son visited one week with his cousin. The TV has the appropriate connections for the Wii and X Box, making them completely happy, and the WIFI worked for their phones and iPods. I put the on site laundry to use We ate all of our meals here, and I was able to pack their lunches. It was a positive experience.

Room Tip: They have propane grille. Check in advance to make sure there is gas.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank John_O_H2002
Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

Not a bad location. Not far from grocery store and local eateries. The room was fine nothing spectacular and very much as what was expected. We only stayed for a night so it was exactly what we needed. The staff was kind and check out was easy. The only complaint was the running toilet. At times the handle had to be jiggled to stop the running water. The other thing was the ridiculously loud fan in the bathroom. But that was more of an annoyance. Overall if I had to I would go back.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends