“We will NOT be back.....”

Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed 28 May 2016

Not sure why all the positives but this is for people who have pets and don't care about odor from no housekeeping for under a week.

Walked in and the hotel smelled. They tried to mask smell with spray in hallways but it was gross, we were on 2nd floor. We went out and bought our own fragrance spray to try to mask it in our room which helped some but after a few hours had to respray. Guests stated they were there for up to a year and had clothes hanging outside windows. People hanging out in parking area as this is their home and had no where to go, felt very unsafe. We thought this was equivalent to a Holiday Inn which we frequent up the road a few times a year but we will never stay here again and have advised our family of the same. They allow animals and no housekeeping unless you stay over a week making the smell in the hotel unbearable. The price was even more than what we usually pay for HI up the street ($150 night). When we checked in they said I would get my coupon code discount at the end of the stay. This did not happen and my credit card was charged full amount. I had to deal with customer service which is told me it would take up to 10 days to get the discount back as the girls at the desk are not trained to give the discount! I told them over the phone that is was acceptable and they should be trained and customers should only pay the quoted price. Beds are hard, and AC/heat as loud in our room. Will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jenn012_10
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a comfortable stay. In response to your feedback, I will retrain our housekeeping staff to ensure that our rooms and common areas meet our company’s high standards. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. For guests staying less than a week and for guests who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services for a nominal fee. In addition, we always offer upon request a complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and soap. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached our front desk staff on our check-in procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

It was our first time at this type of property and we liked it although our stay was short. Beds are very comfortable and the room was clean. Things not in the room can be requested at the front desk where staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is just what they say: Grab and Go. We were not aware of that and skipped that breakfast and opted for a nearby diner on East Main Street, not far away. If you are staying for a longer time, there is a full-size refrigerator, microwave, sink and electric stove in the room.

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TrainsFan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience! It’s great to read that you enjoyed our friendly customer service as well as our convenient amenities. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 April 2016

The room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. I traveled with a dog. The staff gave me a room near the back door and this suite worked extremely well. The hotel is well maintained. Coffee was excellent and there were multiple choices. A grab and go breakfast was available as well, not common to most extended stay hotels.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rhodstr3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our professional customer service and spacious rooms. It’s great to read that we were able to accommodate your needs with our pet friendly policy. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

This hotel has an awesome staff, the hotel was always clean and seemed fresh. I stayed here for 7 month. The only down side to this place was it was a little out of the way to get to(it on a dead end road) 1 way in and out,but it is located right next to the highway and in some of the room you can hear the highway very well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank J P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

The team and I appreciate your positive remarks. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our comfortable accommodations and exceptional customer service! Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

My wife and I had a fantastic stay, not only were we blessed with the birth of our first grandchild.the hotel and the staff made it unforgettable. Everyone from the manager John, the front desk clerks of Maggie.Scott,Melissa, Laura, Raina and Jose were all helpful to me. and made my stay a pleasure. I am in a wheelchair and have progressive MS. But despite my health condition the staff made my stay enjoyable. We have decide to come back; several time a year but wth the help of ESA. It is a no brainer we will be back again and again. How much more can I write about my satisfaction..

Room Tip: room was spacious and pleasant
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Harvey C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It’s wonderful to read that we were able to provide you with a home away from home experience and exceptional customer service! The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 27 March 2016

When I checked into this hotel around 10pm this evening, I was given a room that when I entered, did not look like it had been cleaned from the previous guest. The bed was unmade and the room did not look clean. I went back to the front desk and received another room, which when I entered, did appear it had been cleaned.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank sandymorford
Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

This hotel is great, the staff is so friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and up to date. I was thoroughly impressed with my stay here. Beds are very comfortable and there is very little noise heard from other rooms. I would recommend to anyone around the area.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank funandsun04
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to read that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and exceptional customer service! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.