All reviews grab and go no frills front desk staff hot water room was clean bee street mini kitchen free wifi esa highway muffins towels nyc
Reviewed July 11, 2016

We stayed at this property for 2 nights. It is up on a hill behind some apartments-there is signage directing you. The desk staff, esp Reina was very nice and helpful, but everyone was quite nice. We found the beds comfy and had a peaceful night's sleep. The room was clean. Being "extended stay" there is a small closet with a curtain in lieu of a door and a little kitchen area. Good hot water, strong AC and good TV with Showtime. There is daily housekeeping, but only for a fee otherwise I think they clean once weekly. You can however bring your used towels to the desk and swap them out as needed. There is free wifi, but be sure to use the passcode they give you on your key card, as this is the code for the "free" reg speed wifi. High speed wifi costs and is accessed via your last name and room number so be sure to choose the one you really want. I did not have an issue with the "free" reg speed wifi. Our biggest issue with this hotel was that the lobby looked like it needed to be vacuumed and just spruced up overall and that the halls on our floor tended to have a musty smoky smell, even though our room was non smoking. There is a grab and go breakfast which consists of pre packaged muffins, granola bars, apples and coffee...enough to give your day a start! Keep in mind that this is extended stay, so people can live here for months-making it more like a big house perhaps, than a hotel. The rates were very reasonable and we were satisfied overall.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Thank you for posting such a positive review. I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with a good stay and that our amenities and staff were beneficial to you. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Was just one night. But friendly staff. Very clean. Very quiet. This is a dog friendly hotel, but never heard a bark. There was a few pets there. The kitchen was very helpfully the hotel provided pots and folks and spoons. But overall good stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeeLee C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great staff and your clean, quiet room during your visit with us. Also, I'm pleased that you were able to use your fully equipped kitchen during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2016 via mobile

It was a very good stay here. Room was pretty good size and was well cleaned too. The best part is the room has mini kitchen and fridge is a full size too. Very good one if you plan to with kids. I was able to cook some food for kids very comfortably. "Staff is very friendly!" They even served on the breakfast and coffee. They even have a vending machines and laundry/dryer room too. If planning to stay long you have the facility to do laundry . They gave us very good discount when checking out!
All together it was a nice and good stay in EXTENDED STAY AMERICA!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Simran G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our comfortable accommodations and exceptional customer service! It’s great to read that you enjoyed the convenience of our fully equipped kitchens. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed May 28, 2016

Not sure why all the positives but this is for people who have pets and don't care about odor from no housekeeping for under a week.

Walked in and the hotel smelled. They tried to mask smell with spray in hallways but it was gross, we were on 2nd floor. We went out and bought our own fragrance spray to try to mask it in our room which helped some but after a few hours had to respray. Guests stated they were there for up to a year and had clothes hanging outside windows. People hanging out in parking area as this is their home and had no where to go, felt very unsafe. We thought this was equivalent to a Holiday Inn which we frequent up the road a few times a year but we will never stay here again and have advised our family of the same. They allow animals and no housekeeping unless you stay over a week making the smell in the hotel unbearable. The price was even more than what we usually pay for HI up the street ($150 night). When we checked in they said I would get my coupon code discount at the end of the stay. This did not happen and my credit card was charged full amount. I had to deal with customer service which is told me it would take up to 10 days to get the discount back as the girls at the desk are not trained to give the discount! I told them over the phone that is was acceptable and they should be trained and customers should only pay the quoted price. Beds are hard, and AC/heat as loud in our room. Will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jenn012_10
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a comfortable stay. In response to your feedback, I will retrain our housekeeping staff to ensure that our rooms and common areas meet our company’s high standards. We provide housekeeping services to guests staying eight or more nights; however, these services are always available upon request for an additional fee. For guests staying less than a week and for guests who desire additional housekeeping services, we offer the opportunity to purchase full housekeeping or refresh services for a nominal fee. In addition, we always offer upon request a complimentary exchange service at the front desk for items such as towels, bed linens, and soap. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached our front desk staff on our check-in procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 8, 2016

It was our first time at this type of property and we liked it although our stay was short. Beds are very comfortable and the room was clean. Things not in the room can be requested at the front desk where staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is just what they say: Grab and Go. We were not aware of that and skipped that breakfast and opted for a nearby diner on East Main Street, not far away. If you are staying for a longer time, there is a full-size refrigerator, microwave, sink and electric stove in the room.

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TrainsFan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I’m thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and accommodate your needs with a home away from home experience! It’s great to read that you enjoyed our friendly customer service as well as our convenient amenities. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!