All reviews grab and go no frills front desk staff hot water room was clean bee street mini kitchen free wifi esa highway muffins towels nyc
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I left a beloved pair of pants behind in my room, and I called the next day to ask if there was any chance of recovering them. The staff member at the front desk said yes, listened to my description, found a possible pair of pants, and then used her personal cell phone to send me a picture of them, to save me the risk of driving back to the hotel for the wrong pair. This was very kind, and I was very grateful.

Additionally, my room had no real issues at all. The heater smelled slightly odd when I turned it on, but that VERY minor oddity was the only thing less than perfect.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan K
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

The staff and I appreciate you remarks. We are thrilled at the high-level of customer service you received from our staff, especially when you had an issue. Overall, it is good to know you had an excellent stay at our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This hotel is great for people in town for business and staying longer that 3 nights. If you are looking for a central location to New Haven and Hartford, this is a great hotel. This is not for the over night, once and a while traveler. This hotel is designed and meant for people that spend long periods in the area working. People stay here are there for 3+ night to 3+ months. I stay here every time I come to New Haven and I always find the rooms to be good for the price. Very inexpensive for the area. They allow pets, large and small dogs. They allow smoking in some rooms, mostly on the 3rd floor. If you do not smoke, ask for a 1st or second floor room. If you are traveling alone, the King Bed rooms are better then the Double Beds. King rooms don't turn as often. No Breakfast, but they offer coffee and tea plus snacks you can grab on your way out. Lots of good eats in the general area.

Room Tip: Allows Large Dogs and Pets. Allows Smoking. This is a long-term stay hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas Q
Reviewed July 30, 2016

I had stayed in here for roughly a month.. overall it wasn't a bad experience, we had one incident where the fire alarm went off and we had to go outside for a while which is annoying because their laundry room had tons of smoke in it.

The rooms were fine, standard double queen and nice kitchen if you like cooking which I do

bathrooms were a bit tiny but good enough for what you gotta do in there

They don't offer breakfast, only 'on the go' breakfast, aka muffins/bars/coffee, nothing worth noting about that

Staff is nice, some weren't so nice and accommodating as possible and seem to only want your money.

Pet friendly hotel, quite a few dogs

Also, the odor in the hallway is really bad, it's uncomforting and the lighting in the hallways is very dim which is creepy.

The internet worked, although pretty slow(worked for gaming though, not much lag -- but slow download speeds which is a pain for doing regular work/downloading etc)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies about some of the issues you experienced at our hotel. Your comments allow us the opportunity to correct the issues noted. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

We stayed at this property for 2 nights. It is up on a hill behind some apartments-there is signage directing you. The desk staff, esp Reina was very nice and helpful, but everyone was quite nice. We found the beds comfy and had a peaceful night's sleep. The room was clean. Being "extended stay" there is a small closet with a curtain in lieu of a door and a little kitchen area. Good hot water, strong AC and good TV with Showtime. There is daily housekeeping, but only for a fee otherwise I think they clean once weekly. You can however bring your used towels to the desk and swap them out as needed. There is free wifi, but be sure to use the passcode they give you on your key card, as this is the code for the "free" reg speed wifi. High speed wifi costs and is accessed via your last name and room number so be sure to choose the one you really want. I did not have an issue with the "free" reg speed wifi. Our biggest issue with this hotel was that the lobby looked like it needed to be vacuumed and just spruced up overall and that the halls on our floor tended to have a musty smoky smell, even though our room was non smoking. There is a grab and go breakfast which consists of pre packaged muffins, granola bars, apples and coffee...enough to give your day a start! Keep in mind that this is extended stay, so people can live here for months-making it more like a big house perhaps, than a hotel. The rates were very reasonable and we were satisfied overall.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2016

Thank you for posting such a positive review. I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with a good stay and that our amenities and staff were beneficial to you. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Was just one night. But friendly staff. Very clean. Very quiet. This is a dog friendly hotel, but never heard a bark. There was a few pets there. The kitchen was very helpfully the hotel provided pots and folks and spoons. But overall good stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeeLee C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Hartford - Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our great staff and your clean, quiet room during your visit with us. Also, I'm pleased that you were able to use your fully equipped kitchen during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another enjoyable stay in the future.