“Best pizza in town ”

Blarney Stone Pizza
Ranked #17 of 27 Restaurants in Middlebury
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

I was hesitant about going to a pizza restaurant named blarney stone located on the side of a gas station. Well let me say.. never judge a restaurant by the name and location. I had the best pizza ever! If you like thin crust (paper thin) this is the place. Ingredients are fresh, sauce is perfect. I am still thinking of my pizza. We ate in..no real atmosphere, but it did not matter. They do awesome take out business. I hear the wings are great, did not try them. Do not hesitate to try blarney stone! !

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Great thin-crust pizzas, great salads, and great sandwiches on fresh-baked-daily rolls (the steak and cheese is a must-try.) As others have said, the pizzas are small (9" and 14") so you'll definitely want more than one. They also sell many flavors of ice cream from a local creamery in pints and quarts. We just tried the Bada Bing and Grasshopper kinds, both awesome! Was especially impressed that the Grasshopper (mint ice cream with oreos) was white, not green - meaning no added colors. And on top of it all, free delivery - looking forward to many more meals from here!

Reviewed 23 June 2015

Have passed this place several times, and then read the reviews here, so decided to give it a try. Middlebury Pizza is usually my go to place, but thought I would be adventurous and try the Blarney Stone. Ordered two pizzas based on previous reviews (their biggest pie is definitely small). It's a very thin crust, which was good. Tried one of their favorites "The Ballybunion" and it was pretty good. I ordered my standard sausage, black olive and onion on the other pizza and they forgot the sausage, which is really kind of lame (sausage was listed on the receipt when I got home). I'm pretty sure this was just an isolated incident, but it might be best to check your order before you leave this place. I also had their chicken wings "Dirty Naked," which is double fried and double dipped. I'm not sure what the culinary process involved with this is, but I'm not sure it made the wings any better. They were pretty good for chicken wings though. I'll probably try this place again.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I was in the area at lunch and wanted to try the pizza. It took no time to be out the door with a small pizza that I put together. They let you add or take off whatever you want. I am fairly fussy about my pizza and enjoyed it very much. I liked the crust and the items that I chose. It might have needed a bit more sauce but other than that I would definitely return for food in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I don't know what it is about these pizza's, the thin crust or the layers of mozzarella, but they are delicious. These are the only pizzas that I actually eat the entire crust. My dog is not happy. The wings were delicious too. Service is always excellent.