“Bad business practice! Owners threaten to call police.”

Amici Italian Grill
Ranked #20 of 159 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2012

In today's world of paperless transactions the ownership group at Amici needs to GET GREEN. it was my birthday. My husband & I were planning to celebrate having lunch. We checked in at the hostess stand & mentioned we had the FIVE DOLLAR BDAY COUPON & I showed it on my phone. The hostess called the owner SAM and he advised me that since it was not printed he WOULD NOT HONOR IT!!! No where does it say it must be printed out. When I questioned this policy he PICKED UP THE PHONE & called the POLICE!!! What happened to the customer comes first. We are talking aFIVE DOLLAR DISCOUNT.
THEN HE WALKED AWAY. WHEN I ASKED TO SEE THE POLICY HE WOULD NOT COME BACK. AS WE WERE WALKING OUT THE HOSTEES COMES RUNNING AFTER US SAYING SHE'd seat us. TOO LATE!
We went to first & last told them what happened & to my surprise they took the $$$ off my bill. Now that customer service!

1  Thank Diningoutisfun

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Wonderful pasta dishes, great service, decadent desserts.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Just returned from another great meal at Amici's. We were only two people and no wait this evening which is unusual for a Friday night. Always great food, and large portions. We always end up with something to take home. Staff is great, very knowledgable about the menu and very attentive. One of my favorites things there, is their homemade focaccia bread with a roasted whole clove of garlic and olive oil. YUM! They bring it to your table as soon as you sit down. We frequently recommend this place to friends looking for a new place to dine. Never disappointed.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

Food is amazing at Amici's!! Middletown is one of the nesting grounds of Italians. So you sure to find many Italian restaurants but if you want a good one - look no further than Amici's. I've eaten there a couple of times and rarely have gotten something that I didn't like. Appetizers - I definitely recommend that calamari. They have a great selection. I would definitely recommend it. Buon appetito!

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Could find nothing wrong with the spot except to say that if you dont get in before 6pm on a Sat. your in for a bit of a wait. As a New Yorker, the value and attentive wait staff was a
very pleasant surprise. Portions and food quality was on the money!