All reviewsthe sofa bedstayed longerresidence inn next doorpool and hot tubfree breakfastlounge areawafflessmall barfront desk staffa great staynew havenearly checkoff the highwaystayed here for one nightnice breakfastking suitevery nice hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I traveled and visited a few hotels, this one was bad.

Positive, Lucille at reception was nice and try to fix issues.

Need improvement:ps: we changes rooms 3 times. First one, the water didnt drain in the bath and DIRT was coming out, wouach. Second had no AC. Third was ok. Overall, all rooms needed love from the maintenance department asap. And rooms need refurbishments.

Stayed: August 2018
WHGGuestService, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with me. i was disappointed to learn that we failed to meet and exceed your expectations during this visit. I have shared your comments with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to improve our level of service. We have a detailed room inspection process in place to ensure our rooms are guest ready. I plan on reviewing these processes for improvvements. I was pleased to hear that Lucille at the front desk did her best to make you comfortable. Should your travels bring you throught he area again I hope you would consider staying with us again so you can experience the property at the level of service you expect from the Marriott brand.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Overnight stay while attending a wedding. We were immediately checked in-given a few instructions about parking and free breakfast and all with a smile! Our room was sized just right, the bed and bedding was soooooo comfy! Slept like a baby! Every part of the room was spotless-something I always expect in hotels. Breakfast had eggs, sausage and waffles, along with cereal and excellent coffee. Plenty of other options-you could find something to eat at this breakfast buffet. I highly recommend this place right off I-95.

Room Tip: we were asked if we would like a room near or far from the elevator-happy to have a choice.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with me. I was pleased to hear the property provided you with a convenient and comfortable setting while in town for a important event. I was happy to hear you found the room to be spacious, comfortable and clean which allowed you to have a restful night sleep. Thank you for your comments about our breakfast buffet and I was happy to hear it started your day off on the right foot. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

My husband job was having a company outing in Milford and we decided to stay over night instead of driving back home. The front desk was very friendly checking us in. We had a great stay. Next morning we had breakfast before hitting the road to head home. The room was spacious and clean

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with me. I was pleased to hear the staff was friendly and assist and you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I was hapy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast buffet before heading home. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you through the area.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

One of the worst hotel stays I have ever experienced. I am staying here for 2 weeks for work training and am currently 10 days into my stay. I am on the 3rd floor and the ice machine has been broken the entire time. On Saturday night my friend and I got stuck in the elevator for over an hour while waiting for the front desk to get the fire department there to get us out. The front desk offered us a “vip card” which does nothing and then the bar offered us a free drink after we had already been drinking out in town.
They said the manager would be in Tuesday and would speak to us. That has yet to happen.
The laundry service they contract out for does not launder regular clothes and will only dry clean items Including regular cotton t-shirts and shorts. I needed laundry done and they took it all day and brought it back to the hotel still dirty thinking they were saving me money by not cleaning them. My encounter with the front desk was shared frustration, however, we agreed to just have them dry clean them to get it done. The next morning while eating breakfast I was able to witness the same front desk person telling her manager and the laundry pick up lady a completely made up story that I was a demanding guest and that I screamed to “get it done” which did not happen. It was the most unprofessional display I have ever seen, in earshot of many guests in the lobby and trashing me personally right in front of me without knowing I was there. It was appalling. The hotel room itself is decent, however, the air does not keep its temperature when you leave and is on a motion sensor so coming back from all day training to a room that is 76 degrees when it’s set at 67 is not helpful. I will never stay at a Springhill suites again and they have definitely lost a customer. On a side note most of the other interactions with staff have been professional and pleasant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank michael k
WHGGuestService, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2018

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with me. I apologize that I have not spoken to you directly about your concerns. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the laundry service the property uses which resulted in the delay of your clothes being returned to you. Further, the responsiveness of my front desk staff was unacceptable and I plan on using your comments as a teachable moment to improve our level of service. I understand the importance a staff can make on a guest stay especially a long stay such as yours and I am sorry that our efforts short. I would further add this experience is the exception, not the norm at the property and the SpringHill Suites brand. I appreciate you recognizing your additional interactions with the staff to be pleasant and professional.

Best,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Visited the Hotel for one week, Hotel was clean and well kept, Kids loved the pool, the staff was always willing to assist and even moved us form one room to another. The Breakfast was always excellent. I will return anytime I visit Milford CT. My kids 3 and 9 really liked the Hotel and that made my stay even more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
WHGGuestService, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Milford, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for taking a few moments to share your experience with me. I was happy to hear the property provided you with a convenient and comfortable location during your visit. I was happy to hear your children enjoyed the pool. I appreciate your comments about the service the staff provided; I will be sure to share your comments with them. I was glad to hear that our breakfast allowed you to start your day on the right foot. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you through the area.