See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2018

RAVE REVIEWS for secret treasure of Milford, CT know as “Howard Johnsen Hotel”, affectionately nicknamed “HOJOS” by the local community. You too can enjoy all the amenities it has to offer, such as: (see pics)

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jimmers89
Reviewed August 4, 2018

The lobby smells like pee. Dont be fooled it's not the pool it smells like actual piss. Drug use in the parking lot. TV and blowdryer broken. The hallway had stains that made it look like a murder scene. The room itself had stains on the walls and hairs attached to it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

I selected this hotel because of the great price and its location near the highway. I was happy to see a diner next door and the front desk clerk was very friendly. The joy in choosing this room ended there. The room was marked nonsmoking but I was hit with a stale smoky & bleach smell when I opened the door. The light switch by the door didn't turn on any lights and the desk light didn't illuminate either. I was able to get light from the bedside light. There was an ok looking microwave but I realized it was connected to the light switch inside the door so putting the switch down turned it off! There was an ancient mini fridge. I can't imagine what year they made that color of rust. Inside it the door shelves had dirty shoelaces tied across to hold things on the door- ingenious, but disgustingly! There was a wet bar with a scary amount of black dirt beneath- I saw a few things moving but didn't stay too long looking- I didn't want to know. I slept with my shoes on I case I got up in the middle of the night I didn't want to risk going barefoot. The shower dripped and had an ugly stain in the tub so I decided it was best not to use it. The highlight was the "clean remote;" perhaps the only clean thing in the room. The ice machine was three floors down and the restrooms near the entrance were locked and did not have a keycard access. I tried the AC but quickly turned it off after smelling the air that came out. Perhaps others might have a better experience with a different room, but you might not want to take a chance!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Rooms could be a little cleaner, but over all was not bad. Bathrooms need to be updated and the elevators need to be seriousely cleaned. The elevators also need to have the fans turned on in them. When I walked in, I might as well have been in an oven it was so hot.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dharrmais G, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Milford/New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Milford/New Haven. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that housekeeping did a poor job in cleaning your room. Regarding Elevators, we are consistent in cleaning and maintaining it however it may become challenging from time to time to keep up with its cleaning due to heavy usage. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. Here at Howard Johnson, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.

Dharrmais Gandhi
Wyndham Hotel Group
hj622.gm@gmail.com
203 878 4611

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the Howard Johnson just needed to stay for the night to relax since we had driven all day. The air conditioner was off so the room was scorching hot but once we kicked the AC on it was an ice box. We were able to control the AC. The bathroom wasn’t too clean and the ceiling had a lot of water stains and looked like at any moment it would fall on you. I always take Lysol wipes and spray to clean the bathroom anyway. The hotel was outdated and very old looking. The bed and pillows were comfy. The iron worked so that was great. The staff was friendly. It’s right off the highway easy on and off. That was the main reason we choose this hotel convenience. We didn’t get in the pool but it looked nice from a distance.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us, and I am saddened to hear that housekeeping did a poor job in cleaning your bathroom. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences. Here at Howard Johnson, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations.

Dharrmais Gandhi