“Croissants, Macaroons and Desserts...Oh My!!!❤️”
Review of Sift Bake Shop

Sift Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 7 Bakeries in Mystic
Description: SIFT Bake Shop is a French focussed bakery offering artisanal breads, breakfast pastries, savory items, and speciality pastries. SIFT also offers catering opportunities, wedding and celebration cakes.
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Sift Bakeshop is exactly what mystic was missing. The amount of detail that goes into each Pastry and baked good is just amazing. My boyfriend and I brought his three kids and they were all intrigued with the individual desserts. We sat outside and sampled each other's desserts and each one was just as delicious as the next. They have concluded that this must be added to the list of things to do when they are in the area.
Over the past few weeks I have stopped in to purchase a box of macaroons as a hostess gift, individual desserts for a birthday, and a few cookies and brownies for myself! The sea salt chocolate chip cookies are a must try!!!!!
The best part about the bakery is that it is owned by a young couple and is a family business! It truly is a labor of love and it is evident as soon as you walk in the door.

SIFT_Mystic, Owner at Sift Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Dear BeachLoveTravel,

Many thanks for the wonderful review. SIFT is indeed a labor of love, and we work very hard to craft fresh, homemade and delicious pastries every day. It means a great deal to us to read comments such as yours, and we are truly grateful. Thank you again very much for your repeat business, and for taking the time to share your positive feedback!

There are newer reviews for Sift Bake Shop

Reviewed 1 August 2016

From the outside you can tell it is new to the area. It is tastefully done warm and welcoming when you walk in. The staff is always so sweet and greet you with a hello and a smile. I have gone in a few times and have tried different items and loved all of them. My favorite item for lunch is the turkey sandwich. I stayed at Spicer Mansion and had the croissant’s from Sift in the morning and they are just as good as from a bakery in France. Chef Adam has done an amazing job with this cute bakery it is a great new addition to the area. You must go and visit.

1  Thank ChristieLovesTravel

Dear HotelierRI,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to SIFT, and for the wonderful review. We love hearing that you enjoyed our friendly staff, and fresh pastries. It is a pleasure to bake for the Spicer Mansion, and we hope to see you again soon next time you're in town!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I've been to SIFT a few times now and have tried everything from the breads, to sandwiches, to shortbreads, to brownies and scones! Aaamzing! Every bite is top notch, fresh, flavorful, and incredibly delicious! The shop itself is beautiful and I love that you can peek into the back to see the magic happening SIFT is an excellent addition to Mystic and I look forward to many, many more visits!!

1  Thank Martha B

Dear Martha B,

Many thanks for the kind words on SIFT, and we are so pleased you enjoyed the store, products, and windows into the kitchen. We are thrilled to be in Mystic, and will hope to see you often at the shop!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I was so excited to try this place based on the credential of the owner; felt it must have great potential. I left a bit disappointed. The presentation of bakery items in the case is lovely and the cake slices and such look gorgeous. But... those cake slices are tiny. I could easily eat four of them! The prices were high. A small bag of homemade granola was $10 or $11. I've made homemade granola; it's not that costly or labor intensive. My husband had a croissant and was underwhelmed; said it lacked taste. I had a loaf of break with olives. It was delicious. We also got a sea salt chocolate chip cookie. It was very good but not stellar. I've read here about bad or inattentive service and must say that the person who helped us was nice and efficient; no complaints. We visited around 11 and were about to leave for a road trip. The person after us a ordered a sandwich. I was surprised as there was no menu or sign advertising sandwiches. Had I know, we'd have purchased lunch to take on the road.

Dear AmyBGS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on SIFT, and we appreciate your comments. Please know, we don't offer cake slices- but rather individual, elaborate desserts ("entremets") that are very rich in nature, and therefore, not excessive in size. They are intended as a personal dessert, or even to be shared among friends.

Also, in regards to the menu- our items change daily, and the display is intended to act as the menu, as everything available is front and center. You do make a good point that we should advertise certain menu items better, so thank you! In addition, our homemade granola includes whole pecans and local honey, which contribute to the cost.

We do hope you will visit us in the future for an improved experience, and we appreciate your comments, as it is the only way we can grow and improve as a brand new business.

We hope to welcome you again when you're back in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I usually try a new place to eat three times before I make my decision on what I really think about it. Here's my humble opinion of Sift. It's pretty to look at but pricey and tasteless. Each visit I bought something new to eat and drink. The coffee I bought today was much like the first coffee that I purchased, lukewarm. The croissant is a ham and cheese croissant,and while beautiful to look at, is tasteless.

One thing that was very noticeable to me today is that there's no inviting smell when I walk into the bakery. Usually, I have found, the smells waft from the ovens. They beckon like a siren calling to "pick me", "no, it's me who you want to sink your teeth into!" There are no scents at all. Not even the coffee brewing.

I shall most likely not return. It's too pricey and there are plenty of other places to try.

I'm so sorry, I really wanted to love you, but I just don't even like you.

1  Thank WorldTravelingViking

Dear WorldTravelingViking,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience about SIFT, and we are sorry to hear of your recent experiences with us. We were of course disappointed as well to read your review, and your overall feelings on the shop.

We received a great deal of feedback that our coffee was so hot-- that we actually purchased cup holder insulators for our customers. We are not quite sure what happened with your coffee, but we do sincerely apologize.

As a Mystic local, we truly care about your feedback, and we do hope for the opportunity to welcome you back to SIFT sometime in the future for an improved experience. Though we understand not everyone is going to love us, we do hope for you to like us one day.

Our thanks for the constructive feedback, and we will hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Owners, SIFT Bake Shop

Been to Sift Bake Shop? Share your experiences!