“So cute!”

Alice in the Village
Ranked #78 of 102 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Description: Alice in the Village Tea Room offers several Tea services like Afternoon Tea, High Tea and more as we uphold this British culinary tradition with real flare. At Alice in the Village we remain faithful to the classic combination of delectable finger sandwiches, served on fresh breads, scones served deliciously warm and accompanied by clotted cream and jam, and, of course, a selection of fancies.
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I'm not even a particular fan of Alice in Wonderland but this place is too cool! I just got some tea and a pastry and enjoyed looking at all the cool decor! Worth a visit, especially for Disney fans or kids!

2  Thank Heather S
There are newer reviews for Alice in the Village

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

The Alice theme is fun and the staff tells me they plan to continue to modify the tea room as time permits - it's cute, clean and fun. The food was good and the table settings made me smile! Loved the placemats for sure! The staff was very kind and I would return.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This was a cute shop. I didn't make it there the first time around in the Village, so made a stop right before heading home. My daughter HAD to see it and of course walk away with several items bought.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Mystic is such a charming area and really could use a fabulous and charming tea room. With that said, we had advance reservations to go here because we were craving a wonderful afternoon tea. This place was whimsical and cute, and I imagine wonderful for young children to have their first tea. But we were 4 adults and looking for a traditional tea. I have to say, the tea was served beautifully! And the sandwhiches were delicious. But the scones were a bit dry and I couldn't believe they didn't have clotted cream. The service was good but there was only one person there running everything. But we were the only ones in there for a good half hour, but because the other half serves as retail and a bakery, I think the girl running it must have had a lot to do. Yet, no one was in there? I don't like to leave negative reviews on semi new places, but I think this criticism could help. The walls were too bare in the tea room and the fireplace (not sure if it was electric or fake) should have been on to create a cozy atmosphere. It also could have been made or bought much bigger. I'd have put large paintings on the walls and possibly a chair rail with wainscoting? Anything to sort of "finish" the decor. It has cute things around but needs more. The treats came with very sweet little accents of tea cups in paper, and cute little signs. Like I said, the food was overall really good and beautifully prepared, I just can't believe only one person works there. Clotted cream is a must, even if the owner has to pay someone to make it every day. The tea was served on a pretty rolling cart, so there is a lot of hope in this place. I just wish that the decor could appeal to both adults and children at the same time. The petit fours were out of this world good!! So, hopefully our next visit some revisions will make this good idea into a great one.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Loved this place & Alice in Wonderland theme. Delicious desserts, whimsical gifts & a great place to just stop in & browse.