All reviews mystic market continental breakfast across the street indoor pool sea swirl single night east wing room was clean carriage house bagels person jacuzzi chain hotels close to downtown stayed longer new england one night stay rooms are large
Reviewed August 15, 2017

The hotel was clean but needed some TLC... the bedroom was quaint with eyelet sheets... the bathroom had a 2 person Jacuzzi, and it is the only hotel in the area with an indoor pool... having said that... the towel bar fell down and the toilet seat needed to be replaced... dresser drawers and closet door were HARD to open... the breakfast was a Continental when I thought it was a B&B...

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Janice M
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We decided last minute to stay at Taber Inn.
I give 3 stars for availability.
The place is nice and clean. It is not fancy but served it's purpose.
The owner suggested we go to the Little Kitchen, completely out of our way. DO NOT GO.
There is a fine eatery next door. Politics maybe, or fight with across the street eatery.
I wrote a summary of our visit at the little kitchen. Blah to service and food.
Women at the front desk and women cleaning the rooms very nice and kind.
Owner sent us out of our way..,with limited time here, it was a waist of our time.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a standard King size room at Taber Inn just for an overnight. Staff was friendly showing us to our room. The hotel has all amenities but our room was very dated. Rug needed replacing. The rest of the buildings were so quaint so I was surprised to walk into an old style room. However it was very clean and neat. I guess for the price of the room I was looking for something more updated. I am sure looking around the grounds that other rooms are more up to date. The king bed and pillows were very comfortable We did not do the continental breakfast because we needed some protein not all carbs but from what most reviews say it is adequate. We did enjoy our stay but was just hoping for a bit more with the room itself. I only booked there because of the great reviews. You do need a car to get to town unless you are a good walker. About a mile. I think I would try again but would ask about the rooms first.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryfary
Reviewed July 11, 2017

the hotel is old but was clean. It was close to the Mystic seaport, aquarium, and the beach. They had a nice yard with trees and lawn chairs, it was nice to sit and relax after a long day with a glass of wine. They have a large indoor swimming pool but is was not heated. They have free breakfast but it does not start until 8am, so not good for early risers. The owner was friendly.

Room Tip: we were on the side so there was not much traffic and was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jody r
Reviewed July 11, 2017

My husband and i enjoyed staying at the Taber Inne very much. It was just one night en route to Cape Cod but the location and ambiance were perfect. The woman in reception was very helpful about places to eat and how to get there - which was very easy and close. And in the morning the man in reception gave us ideas about places to see before we made the rest of our journey. The room was very nice though the AC was a little noisy. It was veryn comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple