Needed a quick get away, apparently this is something I do every year according to my daughter. Wanted to go somewhere not too far from home but yet another world. Mystic is almost always my go to place. I was greeted by a young woman, Sophie, who very kindly placed me on the 3rd floor when I told her I was looking for some down time. My room was a quiet king leisure - with a big screen TV which took a me a short time to figure out; a microwave and small refridge. The room was clean - yes there are spots on the rug and the furniture is a bit outdated but this is a Holiday Inn - not the Ritz - the price was great with my AA discount. The Housekeeping service did a great job of making my room better than I left it. If you stay here - get a room on the 3rd floor facing Mystic Village especially in the Fall - it must be spectacular when the leaves turn. If you want to be near the pool or breakfast area choose the 1st floor. I didn't use the pool but others were in there. Now for Sophie, she went out of her way to help me get my computer to work -I was connected to their network but I didn't have internet service. I brought my computer down to Sophie and she tried - she even rebooted the internet server for me. She did everything she could but it still didn't work. So beware that you may have internet connection problems. But Sophie gave it her best effort - which is rare these days. The hotel is in walking distance to Mystic Village and restaurants and a quick drive to the center of Mystic. For those who commented about Mystic closing up around 6 p.m. they are correct but a short drive to Groton or over the bridge to New London gives you every kind of shopping you could ever want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Mystic Hotel. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast and free local phone calls. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start Breakfast Bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, and even hardboiled eggs. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Mystic, CT and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mystic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mystic Hotel Mystic
- Mystic Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Mystic