“nice room, dinner iffy at best”
Review of Hilton Mystic

Hilton Mystic
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Rhode Island
“nice room, dinner iffy at best”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The room was spacious, lots of bathroom counter space, and very clean. Stopped by the have a bite to eat @ 8:30, and the place was almost empty. Ordered the roasted beet salad with grilled chicken..thank goodness for the addition of the chicken. The greens were wilted and not eatable, probably should have been discarded days before.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Alps110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Biddeford, Maine
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed at the Mystic Hilton in early February. The hotel is nice, rooms were clean and the service was fine. Pool area was great and our seven year old and her 4 year old cousin had a blast swimming. The hotel is close to everything you need from shopping to dining and is right across the street from the aquarium which is super convenient if that's why you are headed to the area. It's also close to both Mohegan and Foxwoods Casino's too.

Now for the but part. The second night that we stayed had some challenges. We were gone for the better part of the day and when we arrived back at the hotel a little after dinner there was this nearly intolerable smell of smoke. It seemed as though there had been a fire at the hotel. We proceeded to ask the person at the front desk and were told that someone had forgot to open the flu on the chimney when they lit a fire in the fireplace. Somehow the smell was throughout the hotel so obviously the fire went a while before this was detected. It would have been nice to get at least an apology from the manager which did not happen and was disappointing. They put fans in the hallways throughout but those had very little affect.

Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kgosselin
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valuble feedback of the Hilton Mystic. I am very happy to see how pleased you were with our pool. I am also glad that you found our location to be convenient to your needs. I am very sorry about the incident with the fireplace. Since then, our managment team has come up with a new procedure that assures that this does not happen again. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
connecticut
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Pros:
Nice front desk staff
Good buffet breakfast
Comfortable Beds
Nice Location
Free ample parking

Cons:
Loudest heater in the room we have ever heard on any trip (literally no sleep)
Hallway noise super loud - sounded like everyone was in the room
Old furniture - chipped and dinged, ripped up arms on the chair at desk
Place just didn't feel clean.....

Do yourself a favor on this trip and take a sidetrip in to Stonington, ct and have lunch at the Water Street Cafe or dinner at the Skipper Dock on the water -- well worth the 10 minute drive....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for giving us some feedback on your experience at the Hilton Mystic. I am very happy to see that you were pleased with our Front Desk staff, breakfast, beds, and convenient location. I am very sorry about the noise from the heater. I will certainly bring this to the attention of our Engineering department in order for a solution to be reached.
NYC
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I wanted to go away but within easy driving distance and we decided to head to Mystic area. Stayed at the hotel and it was a great place to stay. I would agree that the only complaint I would have is that the bathroom is much smaller than used to while the room was really spacious ... wondering if designed this way to accomodate cots for children in the room ... since there were so many families with small children around. Room was very clean, bed was just so comfy and we went and had dinner there one night and we were pleased and my husband went down the next night to get an order to go to bring back to the room and the staff couldn't have been more accomodating. I also would suggest that the hotel have more items stocked in their small "store" area since the vending machines didn't carry much variety.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room fairly close to the elevator ... we had quite a winding walk to our r...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank owlloverNyc
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer feedback on our hotel. I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be accommodating. I am also happy that you found our restaurant to be a good option for dinner. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Booked a room on PriceLine and landed here. Ended up getting a room for $89. Had a very nice indoor heated pool. Nice rooms although small bathrooms. No complaints at all especially for the price I got. We got a cab to FoxWoods which was about $25 each way so not super close but I dont think many hotels are close to Foxwoods. Walking distance to the aquirium, Mystic Village and some other shops (all literaly across the street). Only stayed one night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you were pleased with your stay. I am glad to see that you found our location to be convenient to your needs. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Kennebunkport, Maine
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel is truly phenomenal. I came to Mystic for 4 nights with my family to visit downtown and go to the casinos. I originally had a reservation at the Howard Johnson down the road, but upon arrival, I realized the rooms and staff were very dirty and unfriendly. After one night at the Howard Johnson, I left and stayed at the Hilton Mystic.The staff truly is the definition of hospitality, especially the front desk. The front desk manager, Jeff, was very friendly and helpful. He checked me in and could answer all my questions. I went up to my room to find it was VERY quiet and the beds were amazing. The bathroom is a little cramped, but that's not a main issue. The TV's were much better than the one's at the Howard Johnson. I called down to the Front Desk to ask questions about restaurants and transportation, and Anna was very helpful. She brought a few menus up to our room for us and gave great recommendations. When we checked out, Corinne was very sweet and answered our questions about the Aquarium. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Mystic and look forward to coming again this summer for the beaches!

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor, very quiet, rooms spacious and very clean
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LConrad
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Everything was very clean, and the staff was awesome. I requested a room that faced the sunrise and it was made possible. The staff is young and eager to please with a heavy focus of tending to each guest's needs. The only thing that got me, was the fact that I could not print from the business center computer, but they were able to print from their own computer to compensate for that. If you are staying at Mystic, this is the place to stay, across the street from the aquarium and all of the 60 plus shops, and very accessible to food all over. If you do not want to travel much this hotel puts you in the hub.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank qb200
HiltonMystic, Front Office Manager at Hilton Mystic, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some valubule feedback from your stay at the Hilton Mystic. We understand that as a guest; you have numerous options to where you can stay while you are away from home and we truly appreciate that you have selected us. I am very happy to see how pleased you were with your experience at our hotel. I am glad you found our location to be convenient to your needs. We hope to see you again soon, should you return to Myctic.