“Big, clean room”
Review of Hyatt Place Mystic

Hyatt Place Mystic
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Mystic
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This room was a great size. The pics that the hotel posts of the rooms are real.
It was clean and all of the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Mystic

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I hosted a brial shower tea and picked this hotel, as the location was good- many guests were traveling from out of town and this is right off the highway. I selected from their catering menu the "assorted cookies,fruit and coffee/tea" - I could not believe what they put out for me to serve my guests - the assorted fruit consisted of apples and bananas that had started to turn brown (I expected a fruit platter with fruit cut up and easy to eat) and cookies that were burned. Luckily, I arrived early enough to run to the grocery store to get other food plus I had brought a cake with me. I paid $450 in advance, ($200 was for the room rental and the rest for the food) I notified the manager and was told her I expected a full refund for the food portion. She told me she would refund me $30 only because if "I had come in off the street and wanted coffee service only, the charge is $5.95 per person." I did not just come in off the street, I booked this event 2 months in advance. Plus I had to rent linens as they do not provide those.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank mary m
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Booked their buisness/conference room for a bridal shower tea - picked this hotel as it is right off the highway, easy for guests to find . I selected from their catering menu assorted cookies, fruit and coffee/tea. I was stunned with what they expected me to serve my guests The fruit consisted of a fruit bowl with apples and bananas (I expected a fruit platter with assorted fruits nicely presented) that were brown and the cookies were burned. Luckily I arrived early enough with time to run to a grocery store to get other food items I could serve and I had a cake. I contacted the mgr informing her I wanted a refund for the food. I paid $450 ($200 room rental and the rest for the food) and was told they would refund me only $30 because "if I had come off the street and asked for coffee service it would be $5.95 per person." I booked this 2 months in advance! In addition, I had to rent my own linens, they do not provide linens and spent almost another $100 in the additional food I had to get.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank meme1106
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Best place to stay in Mystic. We love the cleanliness, decor, breakfast, customer service, convenience, location. We've been coming for over 20 years & won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank LorenLynn
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Place in Mystic Seaport and the staff was very friendly and accomidatly. They went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied with our visit and if we needed anything. The room was very clean and modern. Large rooms with sitting areas and folding out couch.

Offered a good continetal brekafast and even offered a bar until 11pm. And teh drinks were good! Stayed there because of the close proximity to Foxwoods Resort and Casino and they even offer a shuttle to the Casino on Friday and Saturday nights! Great stay overall and will be staying again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were large and clean. Breakfast was good.
Nice and quiet at night. Beds were comfortable. No problems. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago and found it to be very well maintained and clean. The rooms are a very nice size which is typical for Hyatt Place properties. The only issue I have with the size of the rooms is the bathroom size which is not proportionate. They need to increase the size of bathrooms in their new properties being built. The only real problem in this hotel is the attitude of some of the staff. The desk and kitchen area staff are a bit standoffish. They could use some lessons in hospitality. A smile and a better attitude would go a long way. I noticed that the cleaning staff was very friendly and polite. This hotel has a pool but it is outdoors. Why someone would build a hotel with a pool outdoors in New England is beyond me but needless to say it is probably only open 3 or 4 months of the year at most. Someone wasn't thinking on this one. Overall this is a good hotel in Mystic and close to its surrounding activities. The casinos are not really too far and the cost of this hotel in winter at least is allot less than staying at the casinos themselves. There is a diner across the street from the hotel. Don't bother with it. The food is not very good and it is overpriced.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel face a rock cliff. It is ok if you want peace and quiet but you won...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family