All reviews tasting menu molton brown toiletries speak easy duck breast empress room duxiana bed farm to table enjoy great coffee and tea beautiful property main st celebrate our anniversary train station other guests wedding weekend checking out downtown mystic
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Perhaps one of the best experiences my family and I have had on vacation. An old shipbuilders home converted into 8 rooms and suites within two blocks of Main St in Mystic. Brian and his staff are attentive to your every need. We were fortunate to be there when the chef was doing a New England clambake one evening. Fantastic. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Look forward to going back someday.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Spicer M, General Manager at Spicer Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Glac 1963,

Thank you for your glowing review! We take great pride in what we do and our staff was thrilled to hear you has such an exceptional experience. Brian loves to train our staff on every little detail and great feedback like this shows we are striving in the right direction!

It is getting a bit cold for the clam bake, but we do have smore's by the campfire at night and some excellent packages available offering you another great culinary experience.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

We attended my nephews wedding rehearsal at Spicer Mansion on the evening of August 25th and were impressed with the service and ambiance but the food was unimpressive to say the least. The first course was lobster bisque which was slightly warm and minimal flavor. The main course was halibut which was so dry and tasteless. The dessert was chocolate mouse and was just ok. I typically don’t write negative reviews however my nephew was commenting after the dinner how disappointed he was with the food and how expensive it was that I thought it was worth writing this review. Amazing how there are so many reviews promoting high quality dinners and the food is not great at all.

2  Thank Scott K
Spicer M, General Manager at Spicer Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Scott K,

First and foremost, I want to sincerely apologize for your poor experience with us. Thank you for the compliments on our property and service. But, I agree with you, if our food is not on par with the rest of your experience all is lost.

while I cannot fix your first impression of us, I can only tell you about improvements we have made. Since your stay we have brought in a new Pastry Chef and a Michelin 3-Star Executive Chef both from sister Relais & Chateaux properties. We have definitely corrected our mistakes from the past and would like the opportunity to prove it you. Please checkout our special offers on our website. We have some very aggressively priced packages including dinner and a one night stays to show off the new additions to our family.

We look forward to hosting your next stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Incredible top notch service and attention to us. We totally felt like royalty. It was as if it was our own home and they were our chef and staff. So relaxed. So special!!!! Go NOW!!! Totally understated elegance with superb personal attention.

Dear Paul M,

You are royalty when you stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful feedback,we truly appreciate your kind words. Captain Spicer was one of New England's most prolific sea captains. Our goal is to make you feel as if you were a guest of Captain Spicer, attending one of his famous gala's. As for room No.9, shh...

We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

My wife and I visited for 5 days in July. Everything about it exceeded our expectations. Our room was bigger than we expected from the images. The Mansion has a massive yard with two sitting areas to get some quite time and do some reading amongst the trees. There is also a great outdoor dining patio. The food is fantastic and the service is beyond fantastic. No detail is left to chance including the hot cookies available free every afternoon and the cashews to grab for a snack. We were in the area to do some cycling and the Spicer Mansion was the perfect spot to stay. We could not more highly recommend the mansion as well as the owner Brian and his team!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent five days at the mansion. We bikes every day with lots of great quiet roads around mystic. Walking distance to downtown. But the highlight was the mansion itself, great service, attention to detail, farm to table food and beautiful grounds. Highly recommend for couples getaway or events.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple