All reviews floor room nice room yale university microwave proximity
Reviewed October 19, 2015

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2015

Reviewed October 12, 2015

A good location at an OK but higher price, clean and not too noisy. Subpar breakfast and old CRT TV. Could not get help setting up an internet connection, even using the 800 phone number.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2015

We arrived at night at the hotel, the reception was not friendly, the Wi Fi only worked at the entrance, the hotel was under construction. Luckly, we only stayed one night.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Dear Guest,
I assure you that the internet does work in the rooms, if they didn't we would not be able to check you in. The wifi requires a password which is located on your key card envelope.

Reviewed October 5, 2015

I really enjoyed staying here (four and a half months) The entire staff were exceptionally nice and efficient, including the maids, front desk people, managers and owner. I am sure I could have left a $100.00 bill on my table and it would still be there when I got home from work. They are spending a lot of money remodeling and I only wish I could still be here when the remodeling has been completed. As it is they have brand new beds that are very large and comfortable. There is a nice Walmart directly across the street and fast food restaurants, auto stores and filling stations within a few blocks. There is a really great Planet Fitness gym close by, Also, it was surprisingly quite and I got great sleep. I recommend it highly.

Room tip: They have weekly rates.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

A Days Inn is a Days Inn, right? Wrong! When we arrive the lobby was under construction, which I realize must happen from time to time and won't fault them for that. When we got to our room we quickly realized we were placed in a smoking room. I find being placed in a smoking room when unrequested unacceptable, especially without being notified first. The room's smell of smoke was overwhelming. I immediately went for the phone to request a different room but was unable to call the front desk as our phone did not have a receiver with a working connection cable. This was visible obvious, how staff had not noticed and replaced the phone was beyond me. In addition the rooms smoke detector had been torn free from the ceiling leaving exposed wires, the bathroom tub did not look clean, and there appeared to be a bullet hole in the glass of the back door. We tried to spend as little time as possible at the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
nirav p, Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham New Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2015

Dear guest,
Its sad that these days people make mistake and blame others for it. In your case we provided you with a smoking room cause you booked a smoking rom through a third party. I post the email conversation we had on here but that is not going to take us no where. In the future please double confirm with the hotel what room you have booked. We can not move you into a non-smoking room if nothing was open. It is unfair to move a guest who booked a smoking room into a non-smoking to guest who actually booked a non-smoking room.

There was nothing wrong with the phone, the wires behind the phone were just lose and the smoke detector was also fine, the previous guest took it off the ceiling due to batteries, if you had came down and reported this to us we would of fixed the minor issues right away.