All reviews full kitchen penthouse suite light dinner living area shuttle service extended stay home away from home long wharf free shuttle waffle maker sleeper sofa queen bed hot breakfast train station off the highway the hotel offers yogurt
Reviewed September 1, 2016

In the midst of upgrading for Sept 22 grand opening. Could be a great place to stay if they fix the issues they have. Some rooms upgraded and nice but not well thought out. Vertical blinds on sliders do not cover totally and allow anyone walking by to look in. Carpets in non renovated rooms is disgusting and dirty. However, the staff is wonderful. So willing to help. Special acknowledgements to Emmlea at the front desk, Ricky in maintenance, Linda, Jeannine and Angelica in the kitchen. They all went beyond what was necessary to make our month's stay comfortable. If they fix the issues as I think they are trying to do, this will be a lovely place to stay. Even with the issues it still felt homey .

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael S, Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Good day, Mary Anne:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. We all appreciate your comments and feedback. I want to especially thank you for noting specific team members here at New Haven Village Suites. I will be sure to pass along your review to each of them.
We are indeed getting ready for our September 22 grand opening and yes, we are continuing to tweak areas and of course, will not be stopping Sept 22 but will be working daily to improve and fine tune the hotel product and our services to our guests.
We all look forward to having you back again showing off an even better place to stay - a day, week, month or year!

Reviewed August 26, 2016

We came to this hotel for a special occasion, checked in promptly if not early. We received the wrong room keys twice, and one set that did not open the gate. The Wi-Fi was sporadic so I could not use my laptop during the stay as planned and had to use my smartphone to look up places to eat ect. Our room was not equipped to take a bath which when your staying at a hotel, is a nice feature to have. It took two hours for Maint. to fix the problem even though they were nice, this was a hassle. The cleanliness of the hotel was not ideal either. I spoke with management and they said they would reimburse me for the visit, which they did. My fiancé was also hung up on, on her birthday (this upset me about the staff). Garbage was also left in front of our door throughout the stay (UNSANITARY). I take this as a sign they plan on improving, I would recommend staying to those willing to work with management for the best valued deal, not those willing to speak up!

Room Tip: Near Downtown, Free Shuttle Only UNTIL 8, Arrive To Breakfast Early - HUGE WAIT
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Good day:

I want to apologize to you for the short-comings experienced. We have a new management team and are working daily to improve both the produce and the service at the hotel. As I write, I am pleased to let you know we have just completed all new equipment for our WiFi.
I take all reviews seriously and will be working with our team to improve and take the necessary steps to ensure a problem-free visit for all of our guests.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

Checked in to a nice looking suite with a full size bed, couch, tv and kitchenette. Several problems however:
1. Room smelled terrible; some kind of strong food smell.
2. Window facing on parking lot and sidewalk had Venetian blinds, but they didn't cover the whole window and there is a perfect view of the bed for anyone walking by.
3. TV had no power cord and could not therefore be turned on.
4. Lamp by couch had no light bulb, so could not even read the paper.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Good day:
Thank you for staying with us at the New Haven Village Suites and for taking the time to write your review. All reviews are share with my team and I wanted to let you know we follow up and correct items whenever possible.

As you saw, we are undergoing a complete renovation and some items are not yet in place. We are bringing in drapes now for the windows with the blinds -my apologies for not having this done for your arrival.
We are inspecting all rooms with a new management team on board and are making improvements daily; we will be continuing these efforts to have the best possible suite for each guest's stay.

Thank you again for your feedback - it is much appreciated.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

Close to the centre and nice staff and that's all I can say on the positive side.
My room was dirty and a kitchen but little ustinsile. There was also an open sandwich in front of my door half eaten by rats... Not the best of experience.
Breakfast: usual stuff you'll find but with stale bagels.
Good American Italian restaurant nearby

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Tomlw
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We found the units convenient for having enough space for larger family of 5. Having 2 bathrooms is convenient as well as dining area in kitchen. We struggled a lot with wifi during our visit as they said high speed wifi was being repaired for past two weeks. The speed was painfully slow for normal wifi even when extra router placed in room. The rooms need a bit of updating now, particularly bathrooms.
The breakfast was ok by American standards we saw in other similar hotels, but not on a par with standards we are used to in uk or dubai. Eating off paper plates with plastic cutlery is not pleasant and the quality of food is not what we are used to.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
ConcordBow, Regional Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Good day, Julie:

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review.
We appreciate the positive comments and apologize to you for the internet speed. As I type, the company is here today to complete the upgrade to the high speed. It took longer than we had hoped but believe we have the fix ready to go.

I do hope that when travels next take you to the New Haven area, you will once again choose the New Haven Village Suites.