All reviews full kitchen penthouse suite light dinner living room shuttle service long wharf home away from home free shuttle waffle maker sitting area sleeper sofa off the highway the hotel offers train station king bed yogurt free breakfast
Reviewed March 17, 2017

We stayed here because it had shuttle service to Yale Hospital. The room was very clean with a kitchenette, sitting area, and fireplace that takes fireplace logs. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows the best ever. The staff was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to help us. The location was perfect for our needs. We shall definitely return here when our next trip to Yale calls for an overnight stay. THANK YOU STAFF

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your stellar review and kind words. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our staff as we work hard to take good care of our guests. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Yale!

Reviewed March 15, 2017

We needed a place to stay during a visit to Yale. The staff was amazing, the place was spacious and clean. Super handy to have a huge kitchen and living room. That they served a delicious breakfast and dinner were a big and wonderful surprise.We will be back!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Thank you for the rating and feedback. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I have been here for nearly four months now, I will make my biggest complaint first, and that is, there wifi Network is garbage and the company that manages it (Spot-On) is useless. Okay, now for the rest of the story! There rooms are okay, and they do a decent job keeping them clean, the suites are a decent size for a studio type setup (they have up to a 3 bedroom suite, I think). The food they serve (included in the price breakfast and dinner is of very good quality. most of there staff here are very friendly. They do have a small issue with this hotel ending up with party's happening on Friday and Saturday nights, though they are addressing this issue. I like the property for the most part and the price was right for my situation. Hope this helps fellow travelers.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michael R
Michael S, Regional Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Hello Michael -

Thanks so much for staying with us on an extended visit and for taking the time to write your review.

I appreciate the critique, thank you for the positive feedback and apologize for the short-comings experienced. I am conversation now with Spot On and the team has taken steps to curtail and control the weekend noise volume.

I appreciate your support and know that we are actively working to improve the hotel wherever possible.

Best regards,

Michael Scavotto

Reviewed February 28, 2017

Near Union Station, Ikea & behind Jordan's Furniture. When we arrived there was no water in the property as they were "fixing a leak" according to the unfriendly front desk staff who check us in. The first thing she told us when we said that we're checking is that "there is no water & should be back by 6PM" (not responding to my greeting of "Good Afternoon"). No offer of apologies. Check in is quick as she seem to want to just dismiss us as soon as possible. Room is spacious & adequate. Kitchen is stocked with pairs of real utensils & cooking tools (some are dirty & rusty). We requested for a few bottles of water as we saw the housekeeping ladies bringing them to the units (apparently, to use for cleaning) and the lady agreed to bring us some but didn't came. We also called front desk to request again & same cold lady said they will bring some but nothing came so we just went out & buy a few bottles from Stop & Shop as we need to freshen up & drink. By past 6PM, water wasn't still available so we called up to inquire and the lady said she don't want to lie so she cannot give us a time frame. Luckily, water was restored around 30mins after the call. Breakfast lady is also unfriendly and she seem to also having a bad morning. We left before lunch time & came back around 5:30sh PM and our room was still not cleaned. We called to follow up & the front desk lady just told us that the housekeeping are still busy cleaning other units. Someone showed up around 7PM to clean up but we opted to just get new towels as we don't want to be in the room while housekeeping is tidying up. Overall, place is good in terms of location & space but customer service is lacking in several areas.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alex A

Good day, Alex:

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review.

I appreciate the positive comments but want to apologize to you for the short-comings experienced while staying with us.

We definitely had a couple of stressful days with the water and all that went with that. There is never a reason not to apologize to our guests, even when the conditions are beyond our control. I have had this conversation with the team and do hope you accept my apologies for falling short on that note.

We are now back up and running on all sides; I do hope you will afford us another opportunity to show you what the New Haven Village Suites is truly about.

Best regards,

Michael Scavotto

Reviewed February 26, 2017

My stay at Villa Suites was great the staff there was very helpful specially Tye and Felisha. I definitely give this dream team an A Plus and I will definitely stay here again. And they kept me well-informed of the water problem

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and are so glad that you had a great experience with Tye and Falisha! Looking forward to hosting you again.