All reviews full kitchen penthouse suite living area shuttle service home away from home free shuttle waffle maker sleeper sofa queen bed train station off the highway the hotel offers yogurt free breakfast yale university fireplace kitchenette
Reviewed April 13, 2017

I stayed at the New Haven Village Suites while I was visiting the area for a business meeting. It's about a 20 minute walk from the New Haven train station and about 10 minutes walk to where my meeting was, so very conveniently located for my purposes. Having said that, there wasn't much in the neighborhood. I only stayed here for one night, and went out in the evening to see what was around in the way of coffee shops, places to eat, or even convenience stores. The answer is that there's almost nothing within walking distance (unless I missed it).

The rates are pretty good for what you get (I paid about $140 + tax for my one night). Fairly large room, with kitchenette and sitting area. Comfortable king bed. Fairly standard bathroom, but totally fine. Breakfast was included, which is a buffet set-up with yoghurt, cereal, toast, bacon, eggs and standard juice and coffee options. In the evening, they have a light dinner (chicken salad when I stayed), also included in the rate.

Wifi was also included in the rate, which I used to do some work -- sufficiently speedy and reliable.

Reception staff were helpful and friendly, though I didn't have a lot of interaction with them.

Overall, good quality and great price for what you're getting. Shame there's not more places in the neighborhood for visitors to frequent.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Wifi doesn't work. Photos are not accurate. Walls are depressing yellowish color. Kitchen equipment is old, you can hear the refrigerator from outside the unit. Heater/AC unit makes more noise than a train. The whole place smells moldy.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael S, Regional Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Good day:
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review.

I apologize we did not meet expectations. Please know we are working to renovate all suites in the near futures.

Regards,

Michael Scavotto

Reviewed April 1, 2017

Comfortable for an extended stay. Friendly staff.
Hot breakfast are a real convenience. Conveniently located to the airport and Long Wharf Theater. Laundry facilities are clean and convenient. Workout room needs updating.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that housekeeper Earlene Smart serves. She'll make your stay very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We're happy to hear that you had a good experience and look forward to hosting you again during your next trip to New Haven!

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

I'm a extremely content with my stay at the New Haven Village Suites. It is a very attractive hotel with great employees Like linda who's completely helpful and kind with Erica who feeds and treats u like family. And Caleb who teachs ur children to read.. I recommend this hotel to everyone...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you had a great experience with several of our staff members. We strive to make our guests feel well taken care of and I'm glad this was apparent during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to New Haven.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

We stayed here because it had shuttle service to Yale Hospital. The room was very clean with a kitchenette, sitting area, and fireplace that takes fireplace logs. The beds were extremely comfortable and the pillows the best ever. The staff was friendly and courteous and went out of their way to help us. The location was perfect for our needs. We shall definitely return here when our next trip to Yale calls for an overnight stay. THANK YOU STAFF

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your stellar review and kind words. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our staff as we work hard to take good care of our guests. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Yale!