All reviews full kitchen penthouse suite light dinner living room shuttle service long wharf home away from home free shuttle waffle maker sitting area yogurt off the highway the hotel offers train station king bed free breakfast spacious rooms
Reviewed October 18, 2018

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and had a ton of room. This would be great for families as there are 2 bathrooms in the suite too. The master bath was very large and the light was great. It's almost like a townhouse. It could use an update, but overall it was comfortable. There is a train that is quite loud that runs near the hotel and the night we stayed there was an excessively loud noise coming from the parking lot at 6am. Not sure if that's a regular noise for a Saturday morning or just a fluke that morning. We stayed in building 13.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Fsolis001, General Manager at New Haven Village Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share the candid feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate and highly value all guest concerns, for it allows us to address our shortcomings and better serve future patrons. I am excited to say we will be wrapping up a room renovation in the coming months. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Fernando Solis

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I will not be exergerating to say that we have stayed at the hotel for more than 8 tines now going back to 2015.
My son is @ Yale and New Haven Suites provides us a great hag out. It’s clean with a good size kitchen.
We enjoy the breakfast too but what keeps coming is the people that work there especially Tye.
She is always smiling and understands what a customer is. She will always answer our questions and directs the shuttle to take us to our meetings on time.
She is a keeper

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share the candid feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate and highly value all guest feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass this along to my team, especially TYE. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and we hope to see you again in the near future. Fernando

Reviewed October 4, 2018

I think if you have the right expectations for this place it can be very nice. I think I was expecting more of a traditional hotel and so was a bit disappointed. This is an extended stay hotel and all the rooms are external, meaning your room door leads directly outside. It is located at the end of a shopping/office plaza. I had a quiet room that faced some bushes which unfortunately led to 2 mosquito bites as soon as I entered the room but they didn't bother me the rest of the night. As a result of bushes, the room doesn't get much light.

Parking was free/easy. Facilities are nice/clean. Bathroom was the best part of the room - mirror was well lit. Breakfast included, pretty standard. Seems there is always complimentary tea/coffee in lobby. Complimentary shuttle was helpful; goes to Yale hospital.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share the candid feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate and highly value all guest concerns, for it allows us to address our shortcomings and better serve future patrons. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future. Fernando Solis

Reviewed September 18, 2018

Room was ok, cleanliness was ok, front desk staff was excellent, if you are looking for a place with a kitchen and living room at a ok price this is it. It is conveniently located off the interstate and about a 10 minute drive to Yale University and downtown New Haven.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share the candid feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate and highly value all guest feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass this along to my team. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Fernando

Reviewed September 4, 2018

My husband and I loved New Haven Village Suites. It looks like a nice village with comfortable exterior and interior. We felt safety and independence because of that smart design of the hotel. It's the nice place with very friendly staff, close Yell University. But the most we really appreciate to Manager Mr. Hector and front deck assistant Ms.Tye for the quick reaction of customers' needs and ability to help any time of the day. Hotel is under the renovations, so soon will be even better. We certainly will be back here.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share the candid feedback on your recent stay. We greatly appreciate and highly value all guest feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass this along to my team, especially Hector and Tye. We appreciate you taking the time to share, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Fernando