“Good food, poor service”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #55 of 155 Restaurants in New London
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Good food, very tasty and good value for money but the service was very slow and poor. 3 waitresses handling too many tables during peak breakfast time.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Been on a vegan tip for a while now but I woke up craving flesh. Being a guest at Red Roof Inn I decided to walk around and familiarize myself with the area until my tummy started growling and Denny’s was the only restaurant I saw. The Bourbon Chicken Skillet caught my eye and I must say it was worth my cheat day. Paired that with a Cherry Limeade. My order was out before I could spell my name.
Happy girl I was
Oh by the way, my greeter and server (Laura B.) is a rare diamond

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Well, I have been here for breakfast a couple of times so decided to try dinner. I am going to try to be objective, but other than the burgers, don't bother. Breakfast is much better. The soup was terrible, the entrée was borderline edible(chicken fried steak), the mashed potatoes were reheated so many times they had a brownish color. The waiter was nice but it was obvious he rushed thru our order, since he was more interested in his friends that were seated next to us. He forgot things, NEVER refilled our drinks, and always seemed to be in a BIG RUSH! EXCEPT he had time to chat with his friends and even mentioned loudly, THAT THEIR MEAL WAS ON THE HOUSE! I am sorry I gave him a tip at all. But I did for his polite manner. I suggest to this particular Denny's that you should keep your eye on your books because I would not be surprised if many "certain" customers are being given FREE MEALS.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I was shocked when I told our 3 teenagers we were going to Denny's for breakfast and none of them had ever been to a Denny's. We were on an 8 day vacation traveling the east coast. Our waitress was OUTSTANDING. Very personable, attentive, and our water glasses stayed full. The portions were large and the food was very tasty. No complaints.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

decided to use a coupon for Denny's as we were passing by. I am not a real burger fan, but the bourbon burger caught my eye. I asked for fruit instead of fries, GOOD Choice! First the burger was about 5 inches high, drizzling with the bourbon sauce and all the other things they put on it. Never had a burger I couldn't get in my big mouth,, till now, ate it in stages. I asked for fruit instead of French fries The fruit cup/bowl was a lot of fresh( not canned) fruit, including bananas, apples slices, grapes, strawberries. all extremely fresh and cold, delicious. I shall return, save my seat

Date of visit: June 2018