“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

On Saturday this restaurant was packed. We were lucky to get a table in the bar where the noise level wasn’t deafening. Our server was efficient, knowledgeable & made us feel welcome even though it was crazy busy. There’s a reason every table & seat is filled: the food is awesome! The calamari was perfectly cooked with a light glaze served on a bed of fresh greens , pizza crust was crisp & generously covered with fresh flavorful ingredients. The fra diablo had the most delicious sauce - really exceptional- with loads of clams & at least 5-6 big beautiful shrimp over a generous portion of al dente pasta.
It’s noisy on a busy night but the food is incredible, service is excellent and we will return again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We found this restaurant after going to ocean beach.its fantastic we were going somewhere else but it was closed so in a way it did us a favor.the best buffalo chicken wrap i have ever had.very friendly staff,great fresh hot food.good draft beer and wine selection.its well worth the visit you may not want to eat for the rest of the day genorous portions

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant, while not fancy is first rate. The menu has a good variety of classic Italian dishes. The cocktails and wines are a generous pour. There is a good selection of pizza.

My wife ordered Gnocchi alla Mama, which light and fluffy gnocchi with light tomato sauce mixed with prosciutto and shiitake mushrooms . I had a sausage pizza. Both dishes were great. The pizza crust was one of the best that I’ve had in a long time. We shared a Cesar salad. The portions were generous.

Staff was friendly, courteous, and efficient.

This place is a winner. Lots of local folks. We stayed the Holiday Inn, New London. It was about a 2 mile drive, but most definitely worth the effort.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Recovery room is a local gem. This is my go to place every time I come back from a trip somewhere. The chopped pasta salad no tomatoes with chutney, Jacks Penne no red peppers and a focasia bread. I even have my own caricature on the wall and my own table in the corner against a wall! Love the crew, Luigi seriously.......your the man, the new owner......THANK YOU for not changing things, you always new what was going on and kept it going. To the wait staff, thank you for accommodating me and my husband and my neurotic needs.

1  Thank Unclesogg
Reviewed August 26, 2018

We came here based on reviews, describing the place fresh nice place to eat fresh produce made food.
We arrived the place is as depressive as it gets, with funny looking staff, the clients are mostly elderly and the place actually looks like a canteen of the elderly home.
We were afraid to order something least complicated based on orders that welcomed us. So we opted for a Margarita pizza with extra ham on it to be on a safe side. When I think of our time wasted to find this place, I get angry! The pizza arrive terribly overcooked, the dough was plasticky and dark black underneath, the ham was so overcooked that resembled overcooked bacon there was a bit of cheese and out of can tomato sauce. We paid 20 plus the pizza with tax and water.
In Zurich there are pizzerias you pay 12usd the pizza with premium fresh ingredients!
What a shame we believe these funny reviews!
If the restaurant comes in and overrides the review just please know we cannot answer the system will not let us.
All expressed here was transparent and truthful.

2  Thank Thefineobserver