“Very convenient to shopping, casinos and Resteurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
Milford, Connecticut
“Very convenient to shopping, casinos and Resteurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was very nice. We've stayed here once before and it was just as good. Very convenient with the Outback Steak house next door. A Shuttle is available to the Mohegan Sun resort. Lots of shopping malls in the area. Friendly Staff. Clean room. The TV was a little dated but worked well.

Room Tip: Look for bargains for this hotel in the flyers available at the rest areas on the road.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

I can not recommend this hotel, in fact it is one of the worst I have stayed in in a long time. The room was not clean, had a bad smoke/mold smell. Even though it was a non smoking room. The fridge in the room made so much noise it was hard to sleep. The hotel was so empty it was a little scary walking the halls. The breakfast was not editable, the cereal was in containers that looked dirty. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank muniman6

Travellers are raving about these New London hotels

Dayton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We spent the night here on April 14th. I must say that the hotel looked nice... the rooms were nicely done, and obviously recently so. The commons areas were good, as well. The unfortunate part of this is that the rooms smelled badly -- sort of like urine -- and the toilet in the bathroom was probably the smallest I've ever seen in my life. I sprayed the room with air freshener and that seems to have helped, but all night long I felt "dirty". The staff was okay, the room was okay, and it served its purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stormchaser1966
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here this past weekend. I am sure we will be back. The room was clean and the bedding very comfortable. The hotel is right off of 95 but we never heard any highway noise in our room, even though we faced the highway. The front desk and management were great. They are friendly and are willing to help. The only downsides were, the pool was closed for maintenance and the breakfast. The pool was not such a big thing and we new before we checked in that it was closed. The breakfast was upgraded to a hot breakfast, but it needed help. I would have liked some yogurt and more fruit, but thats just me. The coffee was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

my partner and i stayed in this hotel because we wanted to go to mohegan casino. we pay about 10 dollars for the shuttle bus; they take you and pick you up, so thats good since we didn't have to drive to get to the casino either pay for parking. we have a great time. it was a pleasant place and quiet over all. the room was very neat everything was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NONINO_11
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I booked on travelocity and it advertised a fridge and microwave in my room. What a dissapointment! Will never stay here again! Noisy! Not a place to rest or relax at all! Yikes!

Room Tip: no advice to help at all
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ozzy1967
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I just needed to get away for a night so my husband and I thought we would book a hotel in New London and then go to the casino. I was disappointed before I even got through the door. We parked at the back entrance and there were empty trash boxes by the door. The carpeting leading up to the reception desk looked like it hadn't been vacuumed (it was 3PM) and it only got worse. The doorknob and lock looked like it hadn't been washed in weeks. The inside of the room was clean but the decor left much to be desired including the chair cushion that didn't match the chair. The next time I stay in or near New London we will do a better job of selecting a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 4 in Uncasville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,242 reviews
4.2 km away
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!