“Few days on Jamaica south coast”

Golden Shore Beach Resort
Golden Shore Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Morant Bay
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I often stay with Golden Shores while in St. Thomas, JA. Lovely establishment with great staff!! Mr. Hamilton, the owner, is always on site and a pleasure to chat with. Christine and Richard are always accommodating to all our needs. Glad to have this resource in an area without many hotels.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Matt Y

Reviewed 11 June 2016

The hotel is dated, but the staff were very friendly with an excellent breakfast , however this must be ordered in advance. The setting of the hotel is excellent however it is around 2hours from Kingston airport

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 190762Joanne
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Hotel staff was very nice and friendly. Rooms was clean, air conditioning was a problem. Wouldn't turn on then when finally on, couldn't be adjusted.most enjoyable was hearing the sound of the waves from the beach in the room.plenty if places to eat nearby. Be aware though, they have a kitchen, but, everything is cook to order, if you are really hungry, better eat before you get there.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Joel W
Reviewed 7 December 2015

My husband and I along with our Jamaican friend spent 4 nights at Golden Shores late November. We found the rooms to be very adequate, clean and comfortable. I would say a 3 1/2 star hotel. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean and secure. The exterior is very well maintained and located on a spectacular section of beach. Located within walking distance of local shops/bars/restaurants etc. The staff was awesome. Restaurant had a limited menu, but what they did have was very tasty. When in this area Golden Shores would be my choice!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taunaj
Reviewed 17 April 2015

This is where i stayed and got dress for my wedding. I could not have ask for better, the room, staff, the cook was excellent.My wedding reception was on the Patio overlooking the ocean. I must congratulate Golden Shore, because even now everyone is still talking, how the service was really excellent. Thank you all

Sonia & Carlton

Room Tip: I got an upstairs room which was excellent. Air condition, Cable TV, large and very clean
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sonia S
Reviewed 6 April 2015

I stayed here with a group of college students, and we all had clean rooms, nice breakfast, and a wonderful beach. The bar was friendly in the evening. The beach is locked in the evening, but was open in the morning for a sunrise walk. I'd stay here again!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Trevor L
Reviewed 24 February 2015

The last time I reviewed this hotel was three years ago. I still like this hotel but visitors should be aware of what to expect. I like Golden Shores because it is economical, fairly peaceful, quiet, and right on the ocean. There is a gorgeous walkway to the west of the hotel behind the bar. I don't know if it is private property or not but it is worth at least peeking over there. However, the rooms are very simple.

On this last visit, the air conditioner did not seem to be working very well. However, there was a cool breeze coming from the ocean. The breakfast was a basic breakfast with some Jamaican specialties. It included eggs, a yam, and boiled green bananas. I think there was a meat offered as well. The waitress was very helpful. However, we needed to go to the kitchen to order our breakfast. I think that the waitress was trying to not be intrusive to the people who were just sitting in the breakfast area so she didn't ask everyone what they wanted for breakfast. While we were there, one couple from Germany got upset and left. They felt that she should have come and taken their order.

So, if you go to this hotel, I recommend that you go to the kitchen door to order your breakfast and not wait to be asked what you would like for breakfast. All of the staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful but they seem to feel that it is best to not intrude on the visitors without being asked for help.

I like the location of this hotel because it is near Morant Bay. I like the feel of Morant Bay because it seems to never have tourists. I enjoy the markets and just walking around the town. The hotel is about three miles from the town so I recommend taking a taxi or driving. The taxi drive costs less than $2 U.S. There is a small convenience store very close to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
#6 of 16 in Port Antonio
Moon San Villa
Moon San Villa
#7 of 16 in Port Antonio

Been to Golden Shore Beach Resort? Share your experiences!