“A gem ”
Review of Farmhouse

Farmhouse
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Newtown
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Look bad reviews yea they happen .. this restaurant I’ve been here 3x’s .. food / service / staff and owner all thumbs up. A casual atmosphere nice decor... if u have not been ... than do it ! Enjoy

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you so much! I so much appreciate your kind words. We very much look forward to your 4th visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We went here with another couple since we had a gift card and heard great reviews. We had a reservation and didn't wait long which was good and the place was nice inside. We ordered drinks and after that it went south. Our server disappeared and after 15 minutes, we asked where she was and was told she would be coming. More minutes passed and she finally came and was abrupt. We asked about the drinks and she was surprised we didn't receive them so she left and came back five minutes later with just half the order explaining the keg had to be tapped. We ordered our meals and they didn't come out until after 9:00 p.m. we had a 7:45 p.m. reservation. My husband's filet mignon was tiny and charred, he ordered medium and his asparagus tasted like charcoal. My tuna steak was extremely rare and chewy, therefore; I could barely cut it. It was tasteless and of poor quality. The couple with us ordered the New York Strip and Salmon. The strip was burned so badly, that it was black, he had also asked for medium. The Salmon was good and moist. We should have been at least offered the first round of drinks on the house due to the wait. We didn't want to complain about the food because it was nearly 9:30 p.m. and just wanted to leave. We were not impressed and all decided we will not revisit this place again. There are several other better restaurants in the area to waste time with this one.

1  Thank slinky450
michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

I am extremely sorry for your experience and would very much like to speak with you. I take full responsibility as an owner and would like to be able to discuss and rectify all of the above issues. I hope to hear from you soon. Michele 203-491-2840

Reviewed May 13, 2018

Farmhouse may have a generic name, but it stands out well above the restaurants in the area, fully deserving all the hype it gets.

The attractive rusty decor inside is great for romantic dining. We particularly liked their modern fireplace.

Portions are surprisingly huge. Their wagyu burgers are very tasty, but we did not find the crispy pork belly needed in the equation. No problem, if you find their texture weird like we did, just slide them out and enjoy the rest.

Their cuban paninis are fantastic as well, properly modifying the cuban sandwich classic.

Greatly recommended for a full sit-down fancy restaurant experience.

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thank you very much for the great review. We will be happy to eliminate or substitute the pork belly for you at any time. We look forward to your return!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2018

Nice cocktails, followed by some oysters and calamari. The calamari was excellent, what there was of it....kind of a skimpy order, and not really prepared in the Rhode Island style. Fish entrees were very good as was the pork loin, but the 'sides' were tucked under the entree on the plate so were somewhat unrecognizable, with the same taste throughout. Desserts were fantastic. And our server was absolutely amazing in all regards. I was expecting an amazing experience based on reviews from friends, so my expectations were high. I'll have to come back for more!!!!!

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review. You must come back for more!!! Michele says "she would love to meet Parker the next time he is in." I very much look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 17, 2018

We have eaten at the Farmhouse many times. The food has always been very good no matter what we order. The most outstanding thing about the restaurant is the owner Michelle. She is the most gracious, attentive and warm person. She greets you at the door as if you are old friends and makes sure your service is top notched. The food alone is 5 stars and adding Michelle’s friendliness I would rate it higher if I could.

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Thank you very much for the great review! I can't thank you enough for your kind words, we work very hard at making Farmhouse a pleasant experience always! Very much look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Farmhouse? Share your experiences!