“I Scream, You Scream (Part Deux)”

Ferris Acres Creamery
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Newtown
Reviewed April 4, 2018

So I reviewed this ice creamery a few years back and my views have decidedly changed. To be fair, the hard ice cream is good, but there are other mitigating factors listed below:

1. This place has blown up in the past few years. Forget about a quick stop for ice-cream with the kids (any night of the week) during their peak season. The lines are "Disneyesque" - if only the offered a Fast Pass for actual residence of Newtown. In addition, the parking lot is not nearly large enough to handle the crowds.
2. It may just be me, but I have a strong aversion to eating ice cream whilst smelling cow manure. If the wind is blowing the wrong way, you're in for a nasty surprise.
3. It has been brought to my attention that the ice cream is NOT made in-house, but rather the milk from the farm is shipped off site and turned into ice cream at some other facility.

While this is not a deal breaker per-se, there is another "Holy" ice cream shoppe in town that actually makes their ice cream on-premise. Just as good, one-quarter the wait time. Winner, winner, ice-cream for dinner.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

This place has the best ice cream probably in the Fairfield county! The ice cream is so creamy. The only disadvantage is the long lines in the summer, especially on the weekends. I've waited up to an hour for ice cream, but soooo worth it. If you are in town I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

We visit family in a nearby town and no trip back home is complete until we make a trip to Ferris Acres. I’d pick a favorite flavor but really, each one is a favorite-until the next one. Creamy, rich and phenomenal ice cream.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

I thought I was slick taking my family near by to dinner and going for ice cream after dinner but there were more slick people than myself. This place was packed. Well orchestrated line on a nice evening. Everyone conversing about what they are going to order or what they have had in the past. This was our first time but well worth the experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Wonderful outdoor ice cream shop! The most amazing flavors which makes it so hard to choose. There are long lines, so it is best to go at off times! It is always worth the wait,!