“Rehearsal Dinner”

Barnwood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barnwood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Newtown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I held the rehearsal dinner for my son’s wedding here, and was not disappointed. Despite there being over 50 guests Elmond, the owner handled everything with efficiency. The family style appetizers were delightful, everyone raves about them. We were given a choice of four main courses, plentiful and delicious. Barnwood offers a varied menu. Everything came out hot and nicely presented. I would highly recommend Barnwood whether for a casual dinner or a family party, they can handle both.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I recently came here and really enjoyed it. I made it just in time for happy hour and was able to enjoy really cheap wine and aps that were so tasty. The food here is so good and the cocktails are so unique. They give you a house made dark chocolate red wine after dinner. It is so unique and delicious!

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

We recently stopped for a bite. My partner was quite happy with her meal. I had the House burger which was OK, not great but OK. However the frizzled onion rings were just awful. They were completely tasteless. If you order the burger I suggest you request they leave them off because you will just be annoyed otherwise.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Thank you Barnwood Grille for a fabulous dinner tonight! My husband and I brought my parents here for Easter dinner this evening, we were here several months back and wanted to bring my parents to a restaurant that they haven't been to. All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinners- 2 had the salmon dinner, I had the Newtown chicken, and my mom had the lemon chicken. Fabulous, fabulous meals, great service, and really appreciated that the owner of the restaurant made a check into our table. Highly recommend this restaurant for dinner, or a special occasion. Well done!

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

...and the food is great, too! Trekked up with 5 couples from Trumbull and it took a while to get the table ready. Which meant we got to chill at the awesome bar. If you like craft cocktails, you could do worse in CT. Anyone that takes the time to pre-make house-infused Old Fashioned’s and Manhattan’s is OK by me and that also bodes well for the overall care with food prep. Great service, brought a selection of apps for the big group to make it easy. They were served to everyone by the manager and 2 waitresses so we didn’t have to reach all over to get our food. Branzino was excellent. Price was shockingly reasonable for the experience. Very pleased.