“Great place... would easily visit and stay here again”
Review of Niantic Inn

Niantic Inn
Niantic Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great place... would easily visit and stay here again”
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Niantic Inn, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised by what a great place. Quiet, ample parking, convenient to the local bars/restaurants in addition to the beach. My buddy and I were in a room with 2 double beds, couch, kitchen type table and chairs, fridge and microwave... place was huge. We both remarked that if we were to return to Niantic with our girlfriends, the Niantic Inn would be our first choice.

Owner was great, accomodating, and nice. My only "negative" comment would be the beds.... while very comfortable with nice sheets and comforters et al..... I didn't like the color. The comforters were a BRIGHT red... just didn't agree with me.

However..... besides the color of the comforter.... I thought the place was great, was a value for the price paid, and I would gladly stay here again without thinking about it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcgonaglej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
vermont
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed at the Niantic Inn with my two children.
We arrived late - after the office was closed.
The evening clerk had left a nice message on my cell phone that my key was in the drop box. .... and it was!
The room was spacious and clean, the area extremely quiet.
I would stay here again - it's comfortable.
If you are looking for a hotel that will entertain you (bar, restaurant, fitness center) then this is not the place.
If you would like a clean tidy place to stay then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank semery03
Agawam, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We found our room exceptionally clean, and I'm really a fanatic about that. Great location like everyone else said. Had dinner at the Main St. Grille and also enjoyed the food and service. Would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Pehham NH
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I didn't have a reservation just driving through. It looked like a nice little town to stay for the night. They had a vacancy on the basement floor. I knew it wouldn't be a good night the minute we walked in the room. The room was musty/damp. There was a dehumidifier but it didn't help much. The windows didn't lock so I really didn't feel safe and didn't get a good nights sleep. In the morning I noticed the bathroom wasn't really clean, found hair on the floor and urine stains on the bottom of the toilet base. The tub was either stained or really old. And the shower curtain had either shampoo or shaving cream on the inside so I decided not to shower. The bed was hard, but that is my personal taste.I used the sink after I wiped it down with my Lysol wipes. I left ASAP! The next time I stop in a hotel I think I will look around before I commit.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank abrfoec
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2010

If you are a fussy, high maintenance type, forget this place. If you're looking for a place to stay close to a beach, beautiful walk, in a cute town all within walking distance you might consider the Niantic. Rooms are really large! Nice having the microwae and mini fridge and table & chairs. Maintenace and cleanliness not so great. Service folks were trying to help with extra cleaning when asked and gave us extra towels when requested but did not really clean rooms throughly between guests.

Big Negative, security is lacking. Yes, you need a room key to get into the building but several locks and closing mechanisims on the windows of our partially below ground level 1st floor room were broken. We had access to other rooms ,as we were part of a larger group ,and other rooms also had security problems. We found that our key also opened other room doors as did one of our friend's keys. Scary! Anyone could have walked up to our room's window, pushed it open and climbed in. Either request a room on 2nd or 3rd floor or avoid this place. Some 1st floor rooms also had musty odors. We felt like we were sleeping in a damp basement. It was worse with air-conditioner on. Only way we could clear the air was to yup, open the window and hope not to get mugged in our sleep.

Despite these issues, owners and front staff friendly and we enjoyed most of the stay. If they can fix the broken window mechanisms and rethink and redo their security locks on building, doors and windows, and somehow effectively deal with mustiness issues, I would not hesitate to recommend the Niantic.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank ilt35
Los Osos
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Though Niantic is a bit off the beaten path, it is within easy driving distance of many interesting sights including New London and Mystic. At the Niantic Inn, my husband and I enjoyed being in a quiet area and yet conveniently close to shops and restaurants. Strolls along Hole in the Wall Beach and through a nearby park added to our vacation pleasure. The service at the Niantic Inn was superb. We had a convenience suite and enjoyed the comfort and spaciousness. We're eager to return!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed 2 December 2009

One of the windows in our room would not close, the bathroom sink did not drain properly, the towels smelled moldy/musty, and on 2 of the 5 days/nights our room was not serviced. The front desk person was pleasant when he was at work, but the reception desk/front office was not open on Saturday or Sunday of our stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MinnesotaSmitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
4.1 km away
18.0 km away
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#2 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Niantic Inn? Share your experiences!