“Decent stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Niantic
various
“Decent stay”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I was with a friend sailing down the New England coast and needed one night ashore while repairs were made. Was able to get a room on short notice and a decent rate. The room was large & clean, the place has a laundry and I had a good night's sleep. The Inn is located "downtown" and it's an easy walk to what Niantic has to offer. In that regard, I highly recommend "Covino's Groceria Italiana" run by Ernie Covino at 301 Main St. The best "grinders" (subs) that I have had in many years!

Room Tip: At their "best" rate I got a sub-basement room looking out at car tires.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank RetiredDude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed at the Inn for six nights last month on business. When we arrived I called Stacy and she met me at the front office to check-in. I told her that the local taxi company had informed me they would not pick me up for a ride to the local military installation, she immediately called them and made sure they understood that I needed a ride to work in the morning (rental car place was closed when we arrived). The taxi was right on time the next morning. She also gave me tons of information about local restaurants and offered us free passes to the small beach directly across the street.

The room was quite spacious with a king size bed, table and chairs, microwave, couch, air conditioner and a wall full of windows. Housekeeping was accommodating with our request for additional towels, etc and honored our request to not be disturbed. They had a great little patio at the rear of the Inn with a gas grill and area to eat after grilling a steak or local seafood.

Great little place and would love to return!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Jaegerak
Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2011

When we made the reservation they explained that no one would be there at check in after 2:30pm and that they would leave the key in a drop box for us, which they did. I had specifically requested and was granted a 2nd floor room (other reviewers had said to avoid the 1st floor because they were 1/2 below ground and musty). The room key was for room 106, not 207! We were stuck with no clerk on duty. The room did not have any mustiness so we stayed our 1 nite. We left around 9:30 AM and never saw anyone in the office. Other problems: HARD beds, could not connect to wi fi with my IPad even though we had password and router outside our room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LVGMassachusetts
Monroe, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Took my son on a fishing trip and decided that for $139, the Niantic Inn would probably be a very nice place. Oh my gosh - when we walked in, my 11 year old son, said "Mom, oh my gosh - look how cheesy it is"! He wasn't kidding. The room was so outdated. I'm sick to my stomach that we paid that much. The room looked like it was meant for a 3-hour quickie, not a family at all. Didn't appreciate that the walls had NO insulation. We could hear 20 people come in at 1AM, hollering and making food in the room next door. Never again! I should get my money back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank worldtraveler33840
awesomepersi
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This Inn was just newly remodeled and it shows throughout the whole building. It had a perfect location near a nice little shopping area. The rooms were very big and the patio was absolutely beautiful. It was so worth the money and I will be back every year!!

Room Tip: get the efficiency room because it's bigger and has a small kitchen
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank awesomepersi
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Niantic Inn, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised by what a great place. Quiet, ample parking, convenient to the local bars/restaurants in addition to the beach. My buddy and I were in a room with 2 double beds, couch, kitchen type table and chairs, fridge and microwave... place was huge. We both remarked that if we were to return to Niantic with our girlfriends, the Niantic Inn would be our first choice.

Owner was great, accomodating, and nice. My only "negative" comment would be the beds.... while very comfortable with nice sheets and comforters et al..... I didn't like the color. The comforters were a BRIGHT red... just didn't agree with me.

However..... besides the color of the comforter.... I thought the place was great, was a value for the price paid, and I would gladly stay here again without thinking about it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcgonaglej
vermont
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed at the Niantic Inn with my two children.
We arrived late - after the office was closed.
The evening clerk had left a nice message on my cell phone that my key was in the drop box. .... and it was!
The room was spacious and clean, the area extremely quiet.
I would stay here again - it's comfortable.
If you are looking for a hotel that will entertain you (bar, restaurant, fitness center) then this is not the place.
If you would like a clean tidy place to stay then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank semery03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niantic
4.1 km away
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook
3.8 km away
Days Inn Niantic Near Casinos

Been to Niantic Inn? Share your experiences!