“GRANDCHILD'S HEAVEN”

Gumdrops & Lollipops Candy, Ice Cream & Diner
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Niantic
Description: Your one stop dine and dessert shoppe!
Description: Your one stop dine and dessert shoppe!
Reviewed September 5, 2018

My grandchildren LOVE Gumdrops & Lollipops Restaurant, a MUST stop when they visit with us. Their preference is with good reason: large assortment of candy to include home made fudge, delicious food, and location - just a short walk under the railroad bridge to Niantic Boardwalk and Beach. For our most reasent visit, September, 2018, adults and kids enjoyed Fish and Chips ($14.95), French Fries ($3.99), Onion Rings ($5.29), and Grilled Cheese ($4.99). My wife and I have been consistently pleased with the food and service and especially for the kindness extended to children. Highly recommended.

gumdropsnlollipops, Owner at Gumdrops & Lollipops Candy, Ice Cream & Diner, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for visiting us and leaving a kind review! Hope to see you and the grandkids again soon :)

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The store is very cute and set up well with a store in the front and an ice cream "parlor" in the back. I bought a small twist cone for 3.95. It was very good but typical. I didn't try any of their specialty items so not sure if I missed out on something that they're known for or not. They had friendly service and if I had come with a group the outside seating would've been fun.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

It’s like stepping back in time. The seating wasn’t comfortable but the food was yummy. It’s all about the sweet tooth! Candy galore! I’m looking forward to brining my niece, great niece and great nephew here although it will put a hurting on my wallet!

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

It's worth going to support a local business. I have never had food here and can really only speak to disappointment in the cost of the desserts.The ice cream is okay, but not worth the price. Even worse are the smoothies which cost $5.45 plus tax...unless you add whipped cream which brings to total to just under $6.50. Can't go very often at those prices!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I was under the impression that this was a restaurant, not a snack counter with 4 teenagers running the show. Very slow service and garbage food. Gave 2 stars for the candy area. Otherwise it’s a no for me.