“Summer lunch with family”

Skipper's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Quick Bites in Niantic
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Had a wonderful seafood lunch with family after fishing across the street. We all had fried clams, fish and scollops and shared ff and onion rings. Everything was delicious. The kids behind the counter taking orders was very helpful.

1  Thank JoAnn089

Reviewed July 26, 2018

We had the fried oysters and they were juicy and sweet . . . fantastic. No trip to NE is complete without having a hot lobster roll so we did. Great chunks of claw meat with more than enough drawn butter. We'll be back.

1  Thank rbitner2016
Reviewed July 24, 2018

Solid local seafood location was highly recommended by staff at the Inn at Harbor Hill. My wife and I both loved our lobster rolls, mine hot and hers cold. Plenty of fresh lobster and a perfectly grilled, butter bun. We also ordered the whole belly clams for the first time for each of us and really enjoyed them. Just a great local spot.

1  Thank 199chuckr
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Went there for dinner with family. The food was amazing! Everything fresh and hot, and huge portions. We had the fried clam strip dinner with onion rings (yum!!!) and the hot lobster roll served with melted butter. Right across the street from the water, you may even see a train or 2 pass by. Can wait to go back.

1  Thank CamelotLady139
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We stopped with local friends at this place across the street from the Amtrak trestle in Niantic because I like and miss those good, fifty cent, fried clams, like I use to get when I was a submarine sailor long, long ago. Obviously, in a galaxy far, far away.

Found an empty table on the deck near the street side. We all ordered at the window. I chose the “whole belly fried clams”. In turn our order number was called. The ultimate in “self serve.” It was waiting at the “pick up” window.

The clams arrived in a small Sonic Drive In style paperboard “boat”. No sides included. About a large handful. The calms were very good and fresh. The price was simply astounding! Twenty one, ninety nine! Wow! That’s DOLLARS folks! With that price I should have got a sweet, young bikini clad lady to feed me my clams and gently wipe the grease from my lips.

I have decided the big city folks have turned the entire New England seacoast into one gigantic tourist trap of which P. T. Barnum would be proud. I could get one live, on the hoof, northern lobster in most any good Dallas area supermarket for less than the cost of those clams. But then I wouldn’t have the view of that Amtrak trestle would I?