“Great value and friendly service”

Charlies Pizza & Pasta Summerstrand
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Summerstrand
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We're about good food, and good people. We make everything ourselves, bases are slow fermented daily to create an unique flavour, we hand-roll the pasta everyday, the vinaigrette, desserts, ice-cream is all made by us...and we only use fresh local produce.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From excellent breakfasts to really good pizzas, salads and steaks, don't miss Charlie's! Wine list is also impressive and, if you get a table near the window, you'll get good sea views too!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 19, 2018

I popped in for a late breakfast, on the recommendation of one of the locals. While it initially felt strange to visit somewhere that seems focused on pizza for breakfast, he reassured me that their coffee was good and so was their breakfast.

I wasn't disappointed. The coffee was very good - strong and aromatic, and the breakfast was fresh, with a decent portion size, the service good and the views towards the ocean were great.

I ordered the chia, granola and fruit bowl, and the fruit was beautifully fresh.

1  Thank roosterza
Reviewed October 12, 2018

I gave this restaurant 5 stars a couple of months ago and have continued to eat there. I have now tried a couple of different pasta dishes. My favorite is still the Deli Pasta, but the quality of that dish seems to vary a bit with who is in the kitchen. I tried the mushroom pasta and it was quite good, but the left overs I took home did not heat up nearly as well as the deli pasta does. The sauce after it got cold was very thick and stiff, even when warmed up. That was an in-house dinner with a friend and the service was good. I then tried the pesto pasta for lunch on the deck one day and also had a house salad. The house salad was probably the best salad I have ever had in my life, but it was served at the same time as my pasta, not as a starter. Did I really have to tell them I wanted the salad first? The pesto pasta was bland. I added the extra garlic and cheese that was provided, and salt, and never did get much flavor. Their pasta is home made and is excellent, but their pesto is seriously lacking in any flavor at all, in my opinion. So I have lowered my rating to 3 stars. I will say the staff was very attentive after I was unhappy about my salad not being served as a starter (really really good salad) and they did offer to take the pasta back and keep it in the kitchen until I was ready for it, but I did not want pasta that had been sitting in a warmer so chose to keep the meal all as one. 3 stars may be a bit harsh, but I like consistency in quality.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The pizza, wine and apple cake was absolutely fabulous, all very reasonably priced. Best food I have had in a long time.Loved it! The waiter was a bit off, that’s the only criticism.

1  Thank lizelles78
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We had a final night in PE. This restaurant had a great selection of food on their menu. I had the pizza which was delicious and my colleagues had pizza and calamari. While the calamari was not to their satisfaction I thought their pizza's were superb.

Date of visit: September 2018