All reviews filling breakfast soaking tub hot bath natural spring water japanese breakfast glenn futon floor shou
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

My spouse and I spent 2 nights at the ryokan, on the 2nd then 1st floor. We were both very excited and were not disappointed with the experience. Everything about this place is authentic and serene.

Stepping up into Ogawa Shou, you walk through a small garden to the main door. Glen met us there and helped us with our bags. Before walking into the house, we changed into the house slippers.

Glen and Yumi showed us the house- a refurbished and extended farm house. When shown to the room, you are provided with yukata to wear as you stay there. Bedding provided are futons and firm pillows that Glen and Yumi prepare for you.

My spouse’s favorite aspect was the bath. We both were excited to take try Japanese bathing. The water they use is from their own spring. It is very smooth and clear. Wonderful to bathe in.

Yumi’s meals are amazing. Ingredients are locally sourced and personally imported from places they explore in Japan.

Local area attractions are nature focused: farms, hikes, winery, orchard, general store/petting zoo.

Thank you Glen and Yumi for the wonderful hospitality. We look forward to visiting again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peachy M
Reviewed May 27, 2018

My wife and I spend an evening here for our anniversary. We enjoyed everything about our stay, especially the level of authenticity and attention to detail. The food was unlike anything I've ever experienced and all of it delicious. The bath is not to be missed. Glenn and Yumi were excellent hosts and we will be back.

Room Tip: There are only two guest rooms, one on the first floor and one on the second.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the O gawa shou for just a night after a long week of snowboarding. It was a perfect place to relax. Glenn and Yumi were very kind and accommodating. The soaking tub of natural spring water and the Japanese style beds were a real treat. Yumi and Glenn went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The fresh and filling breakfast was an amazing start to the day as we headed home. Thank you! We'll be back again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawnie429
Reviewed January 10, 2018

This is an amazing hidden gem in the rural Connecticut River Valley. We celebrated our second wedding anniversary here, having spent our honeymoon in Japan. This place is authentic and Glenn and Yumi-san do a great job of bringing Japanese sensibilities to this B&B. There is a Japanese style hot bath that you can soak away all the days cares and the Japanese breakfast was the tastiest and most filling breakfast I've had in a long time. O gawa shou was a perfect retreat for us!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2017

Gorgeous place. My wife is Japanese, and was super excited to find out about it. Everything was great - the grounds, stone bath, rooms - especially the food! Highly recommend the Japanese breakfast and getting the dinner set at least one night. There are also some cute farms and good hiking nearby if you're into that sort of thing, but not close enough to be disruptive. Really beautiful grounds to explore!

100% will be back and already trying to get all of our friends to go.

Room Tip: Second floor has better view, but the stairs can be steep - go with the first floor if you have knee issues.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple